trying to gain some weight

Options
Hi as the title suggests I am putting on weight and trying to get my maintenance calories to a more normal range.
I have been maintaining my weight on 1630 calories for at least a year. I got as low as 160 body weight with a little bit of running and lots of weight training. I never got my fat below 18. Lost over all about 65-70 lbs. I had been sitting at 160-164 for about 5-6 months. My goal is to get my calories back up to a more normal range, increase my body weight slightly as I went hopefully adding back some muscle.

When I started in the last week of nov first week I weighed 162, I added 200 calories and week later I weighed 164, I maintained the calories and dropped back down to 162. So I added another 100 calories and gained nothing so I went to about 2000 calories. Per day, that was about 4 weeks ago. I’ve put on 5 lps since then. I am thinking 5 lps in 4 weeks might be to much, ill reweigh Sunday and hold the calories the same for another week. Any opinions. I did eat out twice in that time so that may have affected I could only estimate the calories for those meals.

Ive changed my weight training program from a 2 day body split to a full body work out. which I like my strength is going up pretty good on squats bench and shoulders. I have also gained an inch on waist in the last 4 weeks. Ill re measure Sunday and will move my weigh ins to Sunday from this point on. (Friday is a high carb day since I don’t eat meat on Friday) I might be retaining a bit more water than normal. Ill know for sure tomorrow.

To sum it up since dec ive gained 5 lbs but most of it in the last 4 weeks.

Replies

• durrenterprize
    Options
    to gain weight you must eat more calories than you burn a day your RMR is the amount of calories you burn by basically sitting all day and is calculated my multiplying your body weight in lbs. by 10. RMR=(pounds) x 10.

Calories burned during exercise is 3-5 cal./min for easy exercise, 6-10 cal./min for moderate, and 11-15 cal./min for strenuous exercises.

To calculate your calories burned during daily actives multiply your RMR by 20%-40% for not very active such as a desk job, 40%-60% for moderate active such as a retail job where your on your feet all day, and 60%-80% for strenuous activity such as a construction job

Learn the muscle formula by watching this video http://weightgainforlightweights.com/the-3-ingredients-to-bulk-up-replay/

for more great tips visit weightgainforlightweights.com

facebook.com/weightgainforlightweights