Labor Day Weekend Support

Options
Hey Everyone! Good Morning and Happy LOOOONG WEEKEND!!! WOOHOO!

I am concerned this weekend about my eating and wanted to start a temporary support group for those of us who are afraid we'll fall off the wagon this weekend with BBQs and whatnot.

My goals for the weekend:

- stay away from heavy drinking
- allow myself 1 sweet per day under 100 calories (in order to not binge)
- choose healthy options for BBQs like chicken and veggies (NOT BRATS and SAUSAGE!)

Please include your own helpful tips and goals to stay healthy this weekend!

-Kate :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kriegs86
    Options
    I love your goals. I've been worrying about the same thing. We have so many social events this weekend that revolve around eating. I'd been thinking about staying totally away from sweet treats -- because I love them so much I always eat way too much -- but just 100 calories is a great compromise :smile:
  • meanddamonkey
    Options
    I definitely feel you here. Fortunately for me I'm not much of a sweets fan, but hamburgers and hotdogs off the grill are definitely one of my weak spots. I figure I am going to take a two pronged approach. Firstly, I'll kill myself at the gym in the morning before the bbq so I have a big calorie budged for the day. Secondly, I will make my own burgers to bring so I know how many calories they have and how much damage I am doing with each one. That way I will (hopefully) be less liable to go nuts.

Good luck! And wish me the same!
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea Meanddamonkey!

I actually have no set plans but I'm sure things, like day drinking, will come up and I'll be "forced" to eat the nasty foods my friends eat! I will have to plan accordingly and eat before I go and volunteer to be the DD! :drinker:
  • mkpeacock
    Options
    My plan is to stay home this weekend and me and my kids will be spending lots of time running and playing in the yard lots of water and waterballoons!!! as far as food we are having lots of grilled veggies and some lean meats like chicken.... I am going to make sure we avoid the bad stuff as much as possible!!!!