Hello, I'm a novice

Options
Hey everyone, glad to be here!!

I'm here to get some inspirational friends and support. I have been battling with my weight for over 3 years now and would like to get back down to my original size and become healthy again.

If anyone has some encouraging- inspirational words for me, I'd love to hear from you!!

I just joined Planet Fitness and I'm looking forward to a healthy new year and life-style!!

Thanks You'all

Replies

• autiger2013
    Options
    Glad you are here. One thing that I have heard people say is "There is nothing that tastes better than skinny feels." In other words when you eat something that is fattening, and tastes so good that you think you may just have seconds, think about how good it is going to feel to either be able to get back in those old skinny clothes, or think about how it's gonna feel to go to the store and buy your clothes from the "skinny" rack. I know I'm thinking about those old suits that are sitting in my closet just wanting me to put them back on. ????
  • nightshutter
    Options
    Congrats on the progress you have made. Hang in there! It will be hard at times but I know you can do it.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Take lots of before pics (wish I had), and read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

If you eat at a deficit, you will lose weight. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Weigh your food. If you're not losing after a few weeks, eat back half your calories. Everybody's different, and weight loss takes a whole lot of trial & error to find what works for you.
  • jackie4864
    Options
    Welcome! I'm two weeks in and I workout at Planet Fitness as well. I've tried several times to lose weight and it was for the wrong reasons. Now, it's all about a lifestyle change and being a healthier me. We have to keep each other encouraged and uplifted.

Deuteronomy 31:8 It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”