LOW CALORIE cooking oil sprays??

Hello,

Please enlighten me with what cooking oil or spray you use! Whenever I cook something, like omelettes, I use a tablespoon of olive oil so it tastes better but that comes at a whopping 119 calories!! that's even more than the egg :(

I'm sick of eating boiled eggs all the time!!

Please help me!! :)

Replies

• I don't use cooking oil spray, the soy lecithin in them are bad for your pans. I actually have really good pans and can cook eggs without any oil at all. But, I usually use a tsp. of Ghee (clarified butter) because I like the flavor. If your pans are still in good shape, you can use just a tsp of oil and rub it around with a paper towel before heating the pan, this gives a good coating and the oil adheres to the pan instead of just soaking into the food.
  • Amiwil
    Amiwil Posts: 57 Member
    I use Pam. It's ZERO cals. They have flavored ones too if you want to taste olive oil or butter etc.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    I use Pam. It's ZERO cals. They have flavored ones too if you want to taste olive oil or butter etc.
    Sorry, that is just abusing the rules the FDA allows. It has the same amount of calories as any other oil.
    ---
    I'm pretty sure nearly all oils are rather close calorie wise.
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member

I quibble with this a little bit, since the serving that's zero calories is usually a 0.25 second spray. I think most people spray for a lot longer than that, but I don't dispute that if you use a spray, you probably wind up using a lot less than a tablespoon!

My mum always uses butter (she won't use oil because she's always worried it'll smoke). I don't get it... To me it seems like a boatload of extra calories for not a whole lot of reward.

Edited for clarity.