Health Queens

Options
Has anyone else heard of this? I did a 'search' and didn't find any other posts about it. I ran across it on my facebook page and checked it out. It's for women 50 and older. They have these weekly 'webinars'.
I watched part of one. It was ok, but I get the feeling they are just trying to sell me something. I probably won't stay with it. What I saw was stuff I already know. Processed foods are bad . And I don't think it should surprise anyone that those diet snack bars, like Special K, are full of sugar.
So I am just wondering if anyone else has run across this group or organization. I didn't stick around long enough to see what they would try to sell me. They said that they test products and try to offer discounts to their participants. And they said not to feel obligated to buy.
Just curious to hear anyone else's thoughts or opinions. :happy:

Replies

• KingmanCindy55
    KingmanCindy55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined this through Facebook & am scheduled to watch my first video tonight. I am hoping it is a little more than........don't eat carbs, sugar or processed food. We already know that. I have been doing the Striive for a couple of years, have saved up a million coins. It's the best one to keep me walking and is connected with myfitness pal. I'll let you know if I find health queens to be some special....
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Seems like a gimmick to me. No food is bad, everything in moderation.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50 but prefer to eat, exercise and act like a 30 year old.
  • cychogal
    cychogal Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    They talked about metabolic enhancing foods. I think that's the term they used.
    What I didn't like is they said whole wheat bread is a food we think is 'healthy' but it's not really. It causes inflammation. Please note that these are not my claims, but what I heard during their presentation.
    Some made sense to me but other stuff I really don't agree with. I don't think whole wheat bread is bad unless you have some kind of allergy.
    And while I agree that a lot of us probably eat way too much sugar, I don't think sugar is bad.
    There might be some validity in some of their claims, but I will probably not continue watching. They said it's more complicated than the simple 'calories in... calories out', version of dieting.
    I will just continue to try and watch what I eat , watch my portions, and getting exercise consistently.
  • sorsucci82
    Options
    I am watching the second webinar and I feel the same as you. I think they are using the EXACT tactics they talk about in the second webinar to trick you into buying their products. I mean really, who uses the term "Evil Marketers" over and over.
  • cychogal
    cychogal Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have not watched anymore of their webinars, but I think they are exactly what they are trying to warn us against, if that makes any sense. :ohwell:
  • exubesq
    exubesq Posts: 3
    Options
    Just watched my first webinar. I think it is harmless but worthless. It's designed to seem like it's a live presentation with interactivity but I am skeptical. And they dissed yogurt without any context. I traded in my morning bagel and cream cheese for greek yogurt and whole foods cereal and fruit 32 pounds ago - I take offense to them writing it off as a bad food without explanation.
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50 but prefer to eat, exercise and act like a 30 year old.

And look like one as well. Your profile pic is gorgeous!
  • downhome40
    downhome40 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am so glad I read all of your replies to this post on Health Queens cause I was gonna join up to it thru Facebook but I'm glad I didn't like u guys I will just stick to what I am doing now. Works for me.