Pizza Monster

I really love eating healthy and so far I've been doing quite well. The one thing that still comes up in my mind is wanting some good old wonderful greasy pizza. I'm worried though if I order pizza that I won't have the amount of control I need. Anyone have any tips for helping with this craving that won't send me to scarfing an entire small pizza by myself?

Replies

• mlima14
    mlima14 Posts: 112 Member
    I love pizza, but what I do is limit myself. I'll drink a large glass of water and a salad with no dressing, (if you must have dressing just ask for the dressing on the side and dip the fork in it and then eat the greens), and then just one slice of pizza. I try to be strict with myself in terms that if I don't control it then I'll "punish" myself by not eating any next time or I won't go out to the pizza parlor. Since I enjoy being with my friends and family I would rather limit myself than negate it completely and loose out on the time we could be together. Good luck to you!
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    make your own! ive made pepperoni pizza using low cal English muffins and all the fixings, also been making healthy bbq chicken pizza! was able to eat the whole thing for about 350 cals!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    make your own! ive made pepperoni pizza using low cal English muffins and all the fixings, also been making healthy bbq chicken pizza! was able to eat the whole thing for about 350 cals!

Best advice, right here.

If we order out, I go with a place that has super thin crust, like Dominos, and I get it light on the cheese and sauce, and load up with veggies like spinach, mushrooms and bell pepper, or with chicken. Certain places even have nutritional info you can build up yourself: https://order.dominos.com/en/pages/content/nutritional/cal-o-meter.jsp
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Heh, in NYC there's a pizza joint every other block. Talk about temptation. I have a giant salad first with a little oil and vinegar. Sometimes I'll ask them to throw some veggies on the pizza to make it more filling but usually it's pepperoni and mushroom for me. Yum.

Edited to add - if ya can't order by the slice, hate salads and are afraid you'll eat the whole pie, invite a friend to share it.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    ... order it - eat it - fit it in your daily macros and live happily ever after!