Pretty New to MFP and doing P90X3

Options
iamMLH
iamMLH Posts: 101 Member
Hey Everyone,
I am pretty new to MFP, but so far I'm enjoying it. I've been working out for a while, though, and I'm pretty close to hitting my goals. I would love to have started MFP back when I started to be able to see all the numbers. I would love to see the successes and setbacks (and there have definitely been some setbacks).

I was always pretty big as a kid and ended up weighing almost 300lbs at one point. I carried it all over, but it was incredibly unhealthy. With some big lifestyle changes, I went from 286 to 183. Over the years, I creeped back up. I got up to about 230 again. Now, I'm working my way back down. I'm not particularly concerned about my weight these days, I mainly want to get back to a solid level of fitness, and I wouldn't mind having abs.

I'm trying to work my calories back up. I was in the habit of eating between 900-1300 calories most days over the last few years. I skipped a lot of meals and just wasn't hungry enough throughout the day to get the recommended amount. Now that I'm tracking, it's a lot easier to see when I need more.

I do log my food every day, and I've committed to P90X3. My goal is to finish it in under 100 days (without skipping any workouts). My diary is open, and I'm always happy to talk if people want help or support.

Replies

• ladywizard43
    ladywizard43 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi there, and welcome to MFP! It sounds like you've got things off to a great start! I was pleased to see you'd committed to P90X3, I recently started the 90 day challenge as well. Tomorrow is officially Day 7, although I did some of the workouts before the challenge group actually started to see what I was in for.. I log daily and am happy to give and receive support. Friend request sent. :)
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I understand the weight gains and losses I was kind of on the yo you diet problem for years. My husband got up to 305 but is now down to 220 (or 217 I think this am) doing Insanity and P90x and P90x3. We both follow a healthy low carb lifestyle. He has maintained his weight loss for many years now. I have finished T25 Alpha/Beta and Gamma and am will start week 3 of P90x3 tomorrow. So far I love it. I was COMPLETELY out of shape before T25 but since graduating from that and moving on to P90x3 I have seen some great improvement. Things like not being able to do a single girly pushup to knocking out 4-5 guy pushups now and 15-20 girly pushups at a shot. I can't give you the final stats as I am only in week 3. I do know for my husband one of the keys for him was logging his food diary.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    hey guys im lookin to buy it next week.. but which one should i get? the T25 or the P90x3??? What's the difference?
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    hey guys im lookin to buy it next week.. but which one should i get? the T25 or the P90x3??? What's the difference?

I have done both, well have finished T25 and working through P90x3. T25 starts with more cardio and add bands (resistance in Beta) more in Gamma if you do that one. This one is taught by Shaun T. The Insanity guy. P90x is more of a mix of weights (bands) and Cardio.
    T25 is 25 minutes a day 5 days a week (but there is an option for a double day on Friday) P90x3 is 30 minutes 6 days a week.
    I can answer any question you have.. toss me a friend request.