Strength training

rockinmomto3
rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I was wondering how often I should be doing strength? I'm currently doing it twice a week for 45 minutes, and cardio 3 days a week also for 45 minutes. Should I be doing both on the same day? Keep doing them every other day? Start doing Saturdays as well and do them each 3 days a week? I really want to get this all figured out. Thanks! Oh, and if anyone was wondering, I'm doing Turbo Jam and Turbo Jam Fat Burning Elite.

Replies

• lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    I think you are doing a great job with strength training. My only suggestion would be to change it up. Don't do your strength training on the same days every week, your body will get used to it and it will not be as effective. Pick days to do upper body and lower body and the next week switch it around.
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Hi Rockinmomto3
    I usually do strength training 3 times a week. Cardio is 5 to 6 days a week for about 40 minutes. It all depends on my schedule with work and the kids schedule. Whatever you can stick with is the best. Some people break up their workouts Monday chest, biceps, triceps.Wednesday back and shoulders. Friday leg day. Or you can pick one day in which you do a whole body workout. Hope that helped you.:smile:

Gina
  • I do it every time I go to the gym, 30 min cardio and then 30 min weight training (Either Arms, or legs - not both the same day though - legs one day and then arms the next)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    2-3 days of strength training a week is what is typically recommended since you need 2 days between work outs for recovery. Cardio and abs can be done every day if you want but weight lifting for arms, legs, back etc should be spread out so you are not using the same muscles in consecutive work outs.
This discussion has been closed.