Looking for fat friends <3

Heya,

I joined this site ages ago but never really paid it much attention. I have the app on my phone now which should hopefully make me more active on here so i'm looking for friends to get healthy with. I choose the word 'healthy' instead of 'lose fat/weight' because too much of diet and fitness culture is aimed at shaming fat people which is something i'm totally against. Positive encouragement over negative discouragement always! :wink:

I'm looking for friends who are on the more heavier end of the scale. 250+ please! :flowerforyou:

I'm vegetarian, trying to incorporate more vegan foods into my diet so any fat veggies out there should add me too!

:heart:

Replies

• Hey!!!
    I not a vegetarian and but I am 250+ and in desperate need of friends to help keep me accountable on this journey i am about to begin.
  • Memorysketch
    Memorysketch Posts: 41 Member
    I'm just under 250 lbs and not a veggie, but I am trying to eat more of them and I am VERY POSITIVE, haha. Let me know!
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    I'm not 250+ but I'm a vegetarian :P at your own discretion!
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    I started at 265 (not on MFP), but I'm now down to 245. If that qualifies, you're more than welcome to friend me. However, I will be honest and I will point out what you're doing wrong. If you want someone to help hold you accountable, I'm your girl. But if you don't want to hear what you're doing wrong and just want a cheerleader, that's definitely not me.
  • MommyToAllieB
    MommyToAllieB Posts: 56 Member
    I'm not 250+ but I eat a lot of vegetarian stuff and I'm trying to cook vegan dinners at least once/week. Feel free to add me if you want! Years ago at my heaviest I was 212, so I know something about being a bigger gal ;)
  • krisbradley08
    krisbradley08 Posts: 12 Member
    I'm just starting my healthy choices life style not the dreaded word DIET, I agree with you on how we need to offer encouragment not discouragement,. I'm not vegitarian but am reducing meat and prossesed food things from a box ( diagnosed with Hyperension) so I know its a big first step but it looks like we both took it and I can take many more with you on the journy. Keep striving for you goals. Also i'm at a starting wieght of 277 and hoping its all down from here (the bad #s and some Lbs to get a healthy heart)
  • Hi, I have joined about 2 weeks back. My target is 30 pounds, after many years of being mocked and taunted, i am fed up and this time I have decided to get rid of this flab at any cost, at any damn cost.. i will sweat it all out..

I follow simple principle of eat within the range of calories set and exercise..
    I follow a week by week method of exercising.
    1st week, its must to walk on treadmill.. so just hit the gym and start walking..at a pace slightly higher than u normally do.
    It is important to build stamina and determination. Within this, you will be feel that your body specially legs shall start to open up.
    it may become stiff but don't stop. simply walk. that's it.

Next week onwards, increase your speed of walking. ( I walk at speed of 7 on treadmill, and keep reducing to 6 and switch back in 3 minutes interval). and when you are fully warmed up, jog at same speed for 1 minute.
    week on week keep increasing your jog time at the same speed.

You can also try 15-30 min uni cycling along with above.

Its not so painful, give it a try and if you wish we can sync up to monitor progress gradually.

yeah !! if others can do I can do and so can you. yes you can as well..
    So get started
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Started at 240 and still have a long way to go!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Hello anyone who needs a heavy friend please feel free to add me. I started at 275, I am down to 261. I do eat meat. I'm in this journey to get healthy as well.
  • nogoldilocs
    nogoldilocs Posts: 87 Member
    I am not a vegetarian and am no longer 250+ but I was when I started out here. While the quest for support from "fat friends" is fine, you should also consider adding "formerly fat" friends, since we know where you are coming from but have some experience and importantly *results* to back you up.
  • Claairey1992
    Claairey1992 Posts: 90 Member
    Hi there :) I'm not 250lbs+ but I am a very supportive friend and still have about 50-60 lbs to lose so gonna be here for a while! I'm always happy of the support so please anyone feel free to add x
  • Heyyyy everyone. I really need friends to help keep me going. I love my current friends but they do not have the same weight loss problems that I do. I live in the NYC, if anyone lives nearby--that would be awesome!! Although, I welcome all the encouragement I can get lol. I'm starting my weight loss journey today. I'd like to lose 60 lbs. Any and all help, suggestions and support is welcome!! \

Add me!! :smile:

Talk to you soon!!