lookin for some friends! :)

Options
Hey everyone! So I'm looking to expand my friends list. Little bit about me: i've been on here since last January, originally lost 30 pounds, now I'm back to lose the last 15 or so pounds. I'm a single mama of an 18 mo old baby girl and a nursing student! I love to have fun on here and get to know people..and most of all, help motivate people!

Replies

• LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been losing weight since May last year, lost 70lb so far need to lose 17lb more. Been using app for few months but just joined forum today.
  • spacetiger
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Mother of , now 3. Been on her for 2 years, found out I was expecting last January. I now have a 4 month old baby boy and I'm ready to get moving again :)
  • MiniCooperDeb
    MiniCooperDeb Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for almost two years now, logging in every day. I've recently culled my friends list to leave only those who are active and supportive, and to leave behind those whose values are very different from mine.

I lost 50 pounds but gained 25 back recently. I'm looking for new friends to fight the good fight with. Consider adding me to your list!
    :smile:
  • SheaBdoll
    Options
    Hi! I just joined today. I have 4 daughters (13, 10, 7 and 5) and have been married for almost 15 years. I'm going back to school for nursing since ALL of my kids will FINALLY be in school!! I check in at the tender age of 34 (young bride and mom). I have NEVER had a weight issue until August of 2013. In September I went to my doc because of extreme weight gain, 12 pounds in one month. All tests came back fine. By December I had gained 15 more pounds. I went back last week for more tests. I had gained 10 more pounds. Ugh.

We can't pinpoint what is causing it. There are tweaks in some of my levels, like, vitamins, iron and a small drop in my thyroid. But nothing to blame for 37 pounds of new weight in a very short time.

So I have gone from a size 6 to 12. I'm trying to not let it get me down but secretly I'm terrified this is the "new me". I'm adding 2 more days of cardio (7 days a week now) and adding strength training. We don't ever eat fast food or junk food, so there isn't much I can change there. I'm going to cut more sugar out and limit dairy. My grandma always says "Never eat anything white".

OMG, I have gone on forever. First post, forgive me!! Wishing everyone the best!
  • debbyl
    debbyl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am looking for friends to help me stay motivated. I have a full time job and 3 teen and adult kids so my life is busy. In addition, I am gaining weight at an alarming weight at this stage of my life. Even after trying to start a diet and exercise plan, I continued to gain weight so I know I need to put my efforts into overdrive if I am going to be successful. I am walking/running one to 3 times per week and trying to go to the gym at least once or twice per week, although I have not been consistent over the winter holidays. In addition, I tend to eat dinner out as a social activity and I am looking to make better choices or find alternate activities. I hear joining a community online is helpful so this is my first attempt. I'm not even sure how this works, but I would like to find some easy, light but satifying recipes for dinners and snacks during the day.
  • SheaBdoll
    Options
    debby,

I plan all of my meals from Skinnytaste.com. They are recipes, so you will have to cook more, but they are delicious. When eating out socially be very aware of everything you are eating and drinking. Go without cheese, dip your fork into your salad dressing before each bite of salad instead of pouring it on and never eat appetizers. Little modifications will save you so many calories.
  • MommyToAllieB
    MommyToAllieB Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm pretty new to myfitnesspal-- just joined in December. I had my first baby in July and gained 51 lbs during the pregnancy-- 16 pounds left to lose and myfitnesspal has been awesome for keeping me motivated! I like meeting other mamas on here :)
  • CuppaBlackTea
    Options
    If you don't mind a young person in their 20's, I would love to be your friend!