Teas that help suppress appetite.

Options
Hi,

I'm a huge tea drinker. But I was maybe thinking that there might be some teas out there that can help to suppress the appetite. I was wondering if anyone of you out there knew anything and could make any recommendations. Thanks.

Replies

• rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I kind of feel like they all do! :)
  • LittleonebeforethethroneofGod
    Options
    I'm drinking this Chai spice tea that is good. I've got some oolong teas and yogi teas headed my way soon!!!
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I find any hot drink helps create that feeling of being full. I drink a lot of tea too. I can't think of one specific kind that is more of an appetite suppressant than the others. As long as you log what you put in your tea, there is no harm in drinking as much as you want :wink:
  • hoosiermom777
    Options
    I found that when I drink a glad of cold water and a cup of green tea with lemon I eat almost half of what I usually do AND green tea boosts your metabolism and energy!
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Green Tea definitely suppresses the appetite! Its BEST to drink it pure (dont add milk,sugar,etc.) so you can get all the natural antioxidants! It really does boost your metabolism which results in you feeling warm all day.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Hot tea sweetened with stevia is nice!
    As far as herbs go, I have tried using hoodia herb, and thought it really worked to suppress the appetite! It is in capsules, and I think it was the extract.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    How low are your calorie goals that you're needing to liquids to trick yourself into being sated?
  • WrenEileen
    Options
    I to love teas you name it I drink it.. Plain is the way I drink them..
  • fitnesspro111
    Options
    Green Tea: has number of antioxidents in it. Green tea found the properties that can contribute to weight loss .The green tea causes an increase in leptin, a chemical that controls appetite.
    Porangaba:Porangaba is another kind of tea that has been promoted as an appetite suppressant.
    Pu-erh:Teas such as pu-erh and oolong tea claim to have enzymes that provide nutrients or act as appetite suppressants.
  • mcspiffy88
    mcspiffy88 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Well this is not the answer you are looking for BUT.

There are many herbal stuff you can buy from farmacies or bio stores(including these miracle teas) but they are not necessarily healthy, + they can get quite addictive. Several of my acquaintances had personal experience with them. After they stopped drinking it they suddenly became super hungry and binged all the weight lost right back.

Sooo Im not sure if making yet another addiction is the right way to go, it will just cause a dent in your wallet and a lot of frustration (or worse) in the long run.

Instead my suggestion would be to eat bulkier meals with less calories, something that is more fulfilling then your current diet, yet with the same net calories.

I know you were looking to buy grapes and im offering oranges but I think its the right way to go . :) Im also interested in other people's experience with this.
  • shelbel0803
    Options
    I've always heard green tea ?
  • Fenrissa
    Fenrissa Posts: 116
    Options
    How low are your calorie goals that you're needing to liquids to trick yourself into being sated?
    This. ^
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking this Chai spice tea that is good. I've got some oolong teas and yogi teas headed my way soon!!!
    Yogi teas are great! Choco, choco chili and Mint snack tea are my favourites, they really help with boredom hunger. I also drink a lot of fruit teas that taste great and help me drink more.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I find any hot drink helps create that feeling of being full. I drink a lot of tea too. I can't think of one specific kind that is more of an appetite suppressant than the others.

I agree with this. I drink tea not to supress my appetite, but because I like it and it warms me up in chilly months, but I do find that in general drinking any hot teas does make me feel less hungry. I like green tea, and any fruity teas :)
  • rockmama72
    Options
    This. ^

These are ridiculous comments. Are you really so awesome that you don't need any tricks to help stave off a snack attack? We are talking about TEA here, you know, sort of like water, only hot and with a little bag? SMH at the things people will comment on just to be snarky.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    This. ^

These are ridiculous comments. Are you really so awesome that you don't need any tricks to help stave off a snack attack? We are talking about TEA here, you know, sort of like water, only hot and with a little bag? SMH at the things people will comment on just to be snarky.

In their defense, not all the commenters are talking about tea. I saw a few replies that recommended Hoodia and other "herbal" appetite suppressants. I am not saying this to be snarky...I actually think tea is great. I would just state to make sure you are looking at the ingredients and nutrition info of the tea....some add crap that adds calories and if not logged could cause issues.
  • jorralee
    jorralee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I dont drink much tea but when im cutting and trying to supress my appetite I drink black coffee, occasionally green tea or just warm/hot water. Taking small and slow sips helps me as well.
  • rockmama72
    Options
    This. ^

In their defense, not all the commenters are talking about tea. I saw a few replies that recommended Hoodia and other "herbal" appetite suppressants. I am not saying this to be snarky...I actually think tea is great. I would just state to make sure you are looking at the ingredients and nutrition info of the tea....some add crap that adds calories and if not logged could cause issues.

I agree with that, but the comment above asked why one would need to use LIQUIDS to trick oneself into being sated. Liquids like tea and water are the oldest and safest tricks in the book.
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I found that when I drink a glad of cold water and a cup of green tea with lemon I eat almost half of what I usually do AND green tea boosts your metabolism and energy!

Another vote for green tea! I drink it with breakfast and lunch and it definitely helps. My only issue is I can't have it with dinner or I am awake all night. I lost my first 80lbs on the 17 day diet. It recommends drinking water with fresh lemon when you wake up and green tea with every meal. It does work! I am hypothyroid and have never lost more than 1/4 lb a week. This was the only thing I changed and started dropped 2-3 a week.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I do love green tea, especially matcha. But I find that any amount of any green tea makes my brain to busy when I try to sleep at night!! But I drink any other kind and really find it helps to satisfy me, usually herbal (as opposed to camellia sinensis). It's great either between meals, or with a meal. I've never seen hoodia included in a tea form, but that herb does work to suppress appetite.