How Do You Detox Yourself?

Options
I've been overindulging in fatty foods and alcohol big time and put of significant weight. I have a lot of toxins in my body and I'm looking to detox, begin a daily exercise regimine and eat foods to aid in this process. I know small steps like drinking more water, lemon water green tea, and saunas help. Anything to remove the puffiness and bloat.

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    My liver and kidneys do an awesome job of detoxing me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I take a crap.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

This.

Just drink your water, try to eat a more balanced diet, and give your body a chance to do its job.
  • kmorris123
    kmorris123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use the AdvoCare Herbal Cleanse every three months to detox.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    This morning I grabbed the newspaper, went to the bathroom and did a detox. It's a great way to start your day.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

Yep...end thread.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I use the AdvoCare Herbal Cleanse every three months to detox.

Are your liver and kidneys broken?
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Nix the excessive alcohol. Cut back on the fatty foods. I don't think you have to actually take something to "detox" as much as remove the things that are adding a strain on your body.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I drink water and let my bowels, liver and kidneys do their job.

Seriously, this "detox" stuff is a bunch of malarky, only suitable for "detoxing" your bank account of cash.
  • Rocky_ZG
    Rocky_ZG Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've been overindulging in fatty foods and alcohol big time and put of significant weight. I have a lot of toxins in my body and I'm looking to detox, begin a daily exercise regimine and eat foods to aid in this process. I know small steps like drinking more water, lemon water green tea, and saunas help. Anything to remove the puffiness and bloat.

For starters eliminate all sodas and start drinking only water and some tea, and plenty of it.
    Your organism will do the rest.
  • randomtai
    Options
    Nix the excessive alcohol. Cut back on the fatty foods. I don't think you have to actually take something to "detox" as much as remove the things that are adding a strain on your body.

No. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • kidtechnical2
    kidtechnical2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If your body was truly full of toxins you'd be dead or extremely ill. Good liver & kidney function is all that's needed to allow your body to naturally detox. Water consumption aids liver & kidney function.
  • randomtai
    Options
    Your organism will do the rest.

:huh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    yeahNO
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

And coffee.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options

No. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

No what? The OP says he/ she drinks to an excess and eats fatty foods to an excess.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    You have been eating food, not bug spray. You have nothing to 'detox' from.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit and let your body do the rest on its own. Obviously, think about your macro and micronutrients, but for now, think fewer calories.

Lemon tastes good in tea, but it isn't a detox. Just get the whole "need to detox" thing out of your head. Nothing works as well as your liver and kidneys.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Water, fiber, and time. There is no reason to detox unless you have a medical condition. If you have a condition, your Dr. will direct you in how to proceed.