No progress - will I be stuck forever?

Options
2»

Replies

• chargraves
    chargraves Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Can anyone help me see what I could possibly be doing wrong here? It's getting very hard to keep the feeling of hopelessness at bay.

Please be honest with yourself. Have you been weighing & logging literally every bite and drink? Yes it's possible to go weeks without a loss as I have myself experienced but since weight loss begins at the table, I would suggest taking a hard look at food intake. It would be helpful for you to open your diary if you truly want assitance/ recommendations. It's important that even if the scale isn't moving right now to keep watching your calories and exercising. :flowerforyou:
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Open your diary if you want more advice. Unless you have some health issue, chances are you are not logging correctly.
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    it's worth getting your thyroid levels checked. And know even if you're technically "in-range" you could be hypothyroid. Make sure they check,

Free T3
    Free T4
    TSH (should be between 1 and 2 ideally)
    Anti-TPOab

In general most doctors will say you're fine with a TSH up to about 5, however that is wholly untrue.

I'm not saying this is definitely your issue, but it very well could be. I'm 5'3.5" and currently 162, however I was 145 for a very long time, and unable to lose no matter how much I exercised. When I stopped, I gained. Now I'm going down with diet and exercise & synthroid.

Also I'd suggest strength training if you are only doing cardio, it really does make a difference.