My Name is Roxy....Whats yours?

mariemunoz0690
mariemunoz0690 Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Roxanne. Im 23 and i have 2 beautiful boys and a very supportive husband. After i had my first son Alexavier who is now 3 going on 4. I gained alot of weight during my pregnancy and after i had him i just couldnt shake the pregnancy weight off. Its been a struggle for me ever since. When i got pregnant with my 2nd boy Isaac i was thinking Oh NO! Now im really going to get even bigger. I didnt gain as much weight this time as i did the last. After i had Isaac i wanted to lose weight but wasnt motivated i said i will just maintain for now and when im ready i will go for it. Everytime i got on the scale i was gaining a pound every so often. I wasnt maintaining very well. So now i am very dertermined and motivated.

Befor i got determined and motivated I was uncomfortable sitting in a vehicle or couch. I felt like my stomach was resting in my lap. i would look at my legs and think that they were really big. I felt like i couldnt breath. I felt suffocated in my own skin. My clothes wasnt fitting me anymore. I dont like to wear tight clothes so this REALLY bugged me. When i was in high school befor i had kids i would love to shop for clothes. I have an attachment to my clothes that i dont fit into anymore. Its nothing crazy or anything behind it. I just feel like i worked hard to buy the things that i have and it bothers me to even think about giving it away. Ive never got anything for free. I grew up without parents. My grandparents raised me till i was 15. after that i just bounced around from family members houses. Nothing was mine just the stuff i bought. Anyways I just want to be able to fit into the clothes that i cant bare to give away and be happy trying it on. I hate buying clothes for myself now. And i want to be able to enjoy shopping again.

Its been a journey. A hard one. But with supportive, caring, and loving friends and family i can accomplish anything!

Replies

• jmann1100
    jmann1100 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi Roxy....I'm Jennifer and I can relate to everything you just said. Although I am much older than you (51), I have carried my weight since I had children 23 and 22 years ago. Don't be like me...you can do this! Maybe we can all do this together. By the way, I am new here too!
  • Hi Roxy! My name is Annalee and I am new to MFP too. I am 20 years old and so determined to finally be comfortable in my own skin. I don't want anything to hold me back in life, especially my own body. I want to like how I look so I can no longer be afraid of going out into public and socializing. I love clothes and style too, and it kills me to not be able to wear any style I want because the clothes look terrible on my body. But we can do this! And one day soon we both will love going into shops and trying on clothes again. If you need a buddy I am here for you!!! Its going to be a hard road and I have no idea how I'm going to get through it, but I know we can get there. :smile:
  • bmq98
    bmq98 Posts: 78
    welcome Roxy, i'm new here too and want to offer any support I can. I've only been here since Wednesday and have met and continue to meet wonderful supportive people. I'm sending you a friend request so you can add me to your friends :-)

best of luck!

yours in the quest,
    bmq98
This discussion has been closed.