Garcinia Cambogia

I have just ordered garcinia cambogia. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and if you have had good results like it claims.

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Waste of money. Sorry.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    I never heard of it, so I just did a random wikipedia search. It came up with this:

In late 2012, a United States television personality, Dr. Oz, promoted Garcinia cambogia extract as a "magic" weight-loss aid. Dr. Oz's previous endorsements have often led to a substantial increase in consumer interest in the promoted products. However, clinical trials do not support claims that Garcinia cambogia is an effective weight-loss aid.[8] A meta-analysis found a possible small, short-term weight loss effect (under 1 kilogram).[9] However, side effects—namely hepatotoxicity—led to one preparation being withdrawn from the market.[10]

Hepatotoxicity - chemical-driven liver damage.

Now granted I know that Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source of information, but those are some pretty serious claims.
  • pagraham1971
    pagraham1971 Posts: 37 Member
    I have tried it and many other weight loss supplements did not have any success. I did have some success with PGX, but I did watch my diet and began to exercise.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Oddly enough, whenever I searched this in Google, the first site to come up?

Dr. Oz.

GDNYDougie2-500-gif_201903.gif
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    if you just wanted to get rid of money, just send it to me next time.

There is NO quick fix, because if there were, we would not be a country of obese people.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Magic pills will only make your wallet lighter.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    All diet pills say they only work if you diet and exercise. If you have a healthy diet and exercise then you don't need diet pills because it is the diet and exercise that is helping you lose weight. Therefore, diet pills are all a waste of money.
  • airforceman1978
    airforceman1978 Posts: 100 Member
    Worked for me
  • Worked for me

What was your experience? How long were you on it, and how much did you lose?
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Worked for me

Hmm....posts kept private? No picture? Everything private?.......mmm yeah I'm calling bs on this profile.
  • lindsaymarcin
    lindsaymarcin Posts: 81 Member
    I also tried this for about 4 months straight with no results! Don't bother and make sure to cancel after your first order or they will continue to send them to you and you'll be charged!!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Worked for me

Hmm....posts kept private? No picture? Everything private?.......mmm yeah I'm calling bs on this profile.

Shhhh….I want to see what happens.
  • airforceman1978
    airforceman1978 Posts: 100 Member
    I am steal tacking them I have lost 22 pounds in the last mouth use them so I am not as hungry all the time Wife lost 9 pounds also using them
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Why do people spend money on this stuff and THEN ask if it works? Shouldn't you ask before you buy?
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 154 Member
    I bought them, took them as directed, and did not loose 1 pound. Waste of money.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    After checking out the ingredients on this, it seems in my best interest NOT to ever take this. The chromium levels are outrageous!
  • boobeey
    boobeey Posts: 78 Member
    I just bought some too so we can go on this journey together
  • andobbins
    andobbins Posts: 3 Member
    I did a ton of research online before buying a bottle to try out. I found just as many users who said it did work as people that said it didn't work.

Apparently you need one with at least 60% HCA (this is what halts fat production) and no other additives. I'm on week 2 of taking 2 pills a day, but I've also been working out and I've lost a couple of pounds. From what I understand this isn't a fat BURNER. It's supposed to prevent fat storage. But it I can tell it does act as an appetite suppressant. I take one ~30 minutes before lunch/ dinner. I get full much quicker than before.

The ones with a higher concentration of HCA are pricier, but I found a deal on groupon- $10 for one bottle with 60% HCA. However, it also contains calcium and potassium (which waters down the HCA). I figure worst case, I paid $10 for a month's worth of calcium and potassium supplements.

Hope this helps!
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    About three months into taking this supplement, I developed leg pain that made it impossible to continue exercising. One month after that, I became unable to climb the boat ladder or climb upon the tube when we went to the lake. I stopped taking it, and within a week, I was symptom-free and exercising again. Scary! It was the first and last herbal supplement I will ever take.
  • I used to take it in pills two years ago but I was also eating healthier and working out so the weight lost came from that mostly. Not saying it doesn´t work but don´t rely on it because if you are eating more calories than you burn, garcinia cambogia is not going to do magic.