140lbs Down and Still Going

Options
My name is Stacy, and when I started this journey in February of 2013 I weighed in at 350lbs. I have been heavy my entire life, and I tried/failed every diet you can think of. I had made myself into a recluse really only leaving the house to go to work, because I was embarrassed by how big I was. One day I was scrolling through Facebook seeing all my friends posts about getting married and/or having kids, and I started to lament about the lonely existence I was living, holed up in my house away from people. I thought to myself, I am going to be lonely forever, because I will never meet anyone staying locked up in my room. I had seen a couple of my friends has been doing TurboFire from Team Beachbody, and they had experienced a lot of success. I decided I would order it, but I hadn't put too much stock in a actually working, because nothing ever did. The day TurboFire arrived is the day my life changed forever. I have been exercising five to six days a week ever since. I also track all of my calories consumed using the MyFitnessPal app, and track my calories burned with my FitBit Flex. The apps communicate back and forth with each other, and make losing weight a snap. Of course you are going to have to put in some work. ;) As of today, I have lost 140lbs, and plan to continue this lifestyle for good. My purpose for this post is to let people who are struggling know that if I can do it anyone can. There are days I struggle, but I always look back at where I came from, and how much work I have put into this. I know that I never want to go back to that person. Now I hope with some new found self confidence I will one day meet someone to be with forever. :) If you want to add me as a friend on here I would love to meet more people like myself. I firmly believe you can never have enough people supporting you.~~~~Stacy

Replies

• catnorbury
    catnorbury Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    OMG that is amazing, a complete transformation, you are a wonder woman to have lost that much weight. I lost 90+lbs about 15 years ago so i understand the dedication it has taken you to loose so much more. I bet you feel like a new woman, congratulations and you look fantastic, keep up the good work x
  • Miasen
    Miasen Posts: 31
    Options
    Wow, that is really impressive!

Thanks for sharing, it was very inspirational to read :)
  • animaldocmegan
    Options
    You look fantastic! :happy: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Were you able to do Turbo Fire at your highest weight?

Are you still doing Turbo Fire?
  • gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing, you look great!!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Yay! Another FitBit Flex user! Congrats on your success. :drinker:
  • stacydille
    Options
    Yes. They have a modified version. :)
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    fantastic ... really motivating and inspiration ...keep it up
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Wow! So impressed. You are an inspiration. Congratulations. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! I'm planning on getting a FitBit and this is confirming my choice even more :)
  • MyIdaho54
    MyIdaho54 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, Stacy! You look great! Thanks for sharing your story! One of the takehomes from your story is find what works and keep working it. Turbo fire worked terrific for you and certainly worthy of consideration by others.
  • FierceLisa
    FierceLisa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    :) What an inspiration. ~ Congrats ~
  • freedom403
    freedom403 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats U look really great.
  • You are LITERALLY amazing! 140lbs lost in less than a year? What??? No lie, I had to keep re-reading your story to make sure I was reading it right. You are a wicked inspiration to everyone! Keep kicking *kitten*, girl :)
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! Congratulations on your success :) I'll definitely take you up on the 'friend' offer :)
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Love reading successes like this - congratulations! Keep up the good work!
  • bevfazio
    bevfazio Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Top Shelf!
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look beautiful. I wish you much continued success :)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Super! Good for you!! I wish more people would take charge of their health like you have. It's saddening to see those around me be so unhealthy and not even care. High five!! :drinker:
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You've done AMAZING on your journey!!! CONGRATS!!!
  • bellepiff
    Options
    WOW- huge congratulations to you!
    Posts like this give me hope.
    Makes me realise that what I am trying to do isn't impossible, that I can do this.
    Thankyou so much for posting
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!