Apricot Wine

Options
I picked up a bottle of Chizay Wine Berry Apricot wine. It's 11% alcohol by volume.
I'm trying to find nutritional information for it, but I've had no luck.
Has anyone come across this stuff before? Know what the info is? or know what the most comparable thing is in the food database?
Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it. In Ontario we have a sweetness grading system for how much sugar a wine contains.
    If it's a 0 (zero, very dry) you can just count the alcohol. A wine grade 1, 2, or 3 has an increasing amount of sugar remaining.
    From the sound of that wine I'm guessing it's sweet, and if it is, I'd log it like a sweet white wine (yuck).

http://www.snooth.com/wine/wine-berry-apricot-2/#winemakernotes
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hmm...
    So for a 6 ounce glass, would I log 11% alcohol ( about 19g), and then log 89% juice? Does that sound right?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smartphone with a barcode scanner? If you do, and the bottle has a barcode on it, that should be able to bring up the nutritional information on it.
  • FredDoyle
    Options
    I'd just add 120 kcals and move on. :)
    Enjoy your wine.
  • KristinaB83
    Options
    I think I may be taking this a little too seriously.
    I'll just log it with the 14% apricot wine in the database. I don't plan on drinking more than a glass or two of it anyway so I guess it isn't a huge deal if it's not exact.
  • KristinaB83
    Options
    I'd just add 100 kcals and move on. :)
    Enjoy your wine.

Thank you for your help =)
  • FredDoyle
    Options
    You're welcome.
    If you're of 20-40 kcals, run up and down the stairs a few times. (Before the wine) :D
  • KristinaB83
    Options
    Do you have a smartphone with a barcode scanner? If you do, and the bottle has a barcode on it, that should be able to bring up the nutritional information on it.

I tried that but it came up with nothing =(