Fish Recipes

Options
Foodiethinking
Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
I bought salmon and white fish fillets on offer and am running out of ideas apart from steamed and made into fishcakes. Does anyone have any ideas what I could do with them? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• wen001bro
    wen001bro Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just bought some Cod today to make fish tacos! Make a marinade with lime juice, a little olive oil, cilantro, and garlic. (don't marinade it too long, the lime juice will "cook" the fish) Either bake or sauté the fish. Throw it in a corn tortilla with some chopped lettuce or cabbage, more lime juice, cilantro (or salsa if you prefer). delicious! and so easy! :)
  • wen001bro
    wen001bro Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Also, I made Salmon last week. I just squeezed a lemon on the filets, put some salt and pepper on it, and baked it. We ate it with brown rice and asparagus. The leftovers I ate on a salad with Lighthouse sesame ginger dressing. Soo yummy. You could use that dressing as a marinade as well.
  • Ulfgard
    Ulfgard Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Marinate in orange juice an soy sauce for a bit then grill
  • ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Most fish I do lemon juice salt and pepper. Tonight I'm having talapia with lemon juice and chipotle paste
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    1. italian herbs, salt n' pepper, rosemary, squeeze lemon.... 2 tablespoon of water... simmer to cook...

2. for white fish only... coconut cream, ginger, garlic, salt n' pepper, green chillies... simmer to cook add green leafy vegies 3 mins. before serving.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I would like to cook more fish but I am unsure on how to cook it
  • joan23_us
    Options
    or marinate with any sauce you like in moderation... sometimes i just put a tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce marinated overnight then grill it the morning after.
  • joan23_us
    Options
    i just remembered one more my friend did last week while grilling tuna steaks, make a mixture of

soy sauce, brown sugar, calamansi/lemon, olive oil, MAKE SURE TO TASTE IF soy and sugar has a balance taste

while grilling use the mixture to base the fish, i think you can use this on any thick fish fillets like tuna, cod, barramundi, etc.