i just found out...

Options
chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
what i would do if an intruder entered my house! i would scream 'WHOOOO IS IT!?' grab a broom in my left hand, grab a sharp knife out of the sink in my right, and stand there like a charlie's angel. luckily for me (or maybe luckily for him), it was a plumber for next door. he found my front door unlocked (yikes) and walked right on in thinking it was the right house - i think i nearly gave him a heart attack! he said to me, 'lady, i'm just glad you didn't have a shotgun!'

so, in short self defense tip #1: lock your front door. duh. tip #2: be prepared to fight if you didn't!

i know it's kind of corny, but i've imagined often what i would do if i heard the sound of someone entering my house, and it usually involves running or hiding. i was quite pleased to know that i was ready to wear someone out when i heard them come in. no holding my breath, no girlish shriek...i really liked my reaction. maybe stupid...i don't know...but i still dug it. there's now a small part of me that feels brave, even though my intruder was just an oldish plumber fellow who looked more scared than me! so, that's my adventure - let's hear it for psychotic reflexes!

Replies

• Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING!!! Scenarios like that are always running thru my head. The first thing i do when i walk into my house (day or night) is to lock the door behind me. My husband is gone a lot for work and i refuse to take showers after a certain time at night. We have a security alarm and everything but i'm so terrified that for some reason it's not going to work, or i'm going to forget to set it and i'm not going to hear the person come in and they'll get to my son before i even realize that they're in the house...I am proud of you too! That's a good "drill".
  • melbhall
    Options
    That made me chuckle! Good for you! I'm pretty sure I would just scream the F word and run upstairs like all those girls do in horror movies!
  • Fruchtzwerg
    Fruchtzwerg Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You just made me laugh. I always forget to lock the front door and my boyfriend always tells me off. Definitely gonna remember to lock it from now on - not too sure if I want to find out how I'd react if somebody broke into my house....