Working Toward 100...slowly but surely

Options
Can anyone share what has worked best for them?

Replies

• mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    For me, i didnt look at how far i had to go, as it seemed unobtainable being about 107 pounds. so i started looking at what i accomplished and being happy if i lost 1 pound or when i got to 10 pounds and saw what i was doing was working. to me that has always been the key. getting on the scale and seeing any loss inspired me to do even more. That and pre logging food.alot of times i would see what i was putting in mfp, and would think, do i really want to waste that many calories on that? alot of times i said no and either didnt eat it or looked for something with less calories. if you dont do it that way and eat it first, its to late and cant change your mind.that and get a good support group. nothing better than doing well and getting all the compliments.....:smile:
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    cooking my own food. that way I know what I'm eating. figuring out the amount of calories and other nutrition facts that are in a serving of what you make can be a little frustrating at times, but its worth it to do it that once and then every time you use that recipe you will have it all figured out already. I've also gotten into the habit of measuring most if the food I eat. (most of my family thinks I'm obsessive because of this, but it helps keep things accurate) also, I wouldn't completely cut anything you love from your diet. just learn to eat these things in moderation. like I cut soda for the most part a year ago, but if I am wanting a little, I let myself have like a can. after not really drinking it for 8-ish months I don't really crave it much anymore. I definitely don't lose like 10 lbs a week, but I've lost 20 since early November (I think I started here on the 8th of November) and that seems like a decent loss to me. hope this helps a little. : ]
  • kathyflannery129
    kathyflannery129 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think what worked best for me was deciding that this wasn't a diet, like all the other times i dieted..this was going to be a lifestyle change that i would keep doing forever...so in that way I could sustain it and at the same time not deny myself anything....I decided to make wise choices in food based on getting my health in order..that meant no sugar(i am diabetic) limiting my carbs and lots of fresh vegetables....I am not a good eater without thinking about it, until now...i now read labels in the grocery store it's become second nature to look at the calorie and carb counts on foods...i still eat out and have a glass of wine sometimes...so it is easy to follow....you have to be ready to change and when you are it is so worth it.....good luck to you....it's a journey we have all been on, some of us more than once....LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!