Question for Book Fans

Options
springgrl
springgrl Posts: 168 Member
Hi,

Anybody on here ever try http://www.paperbackswap.com

Was it a good experience? Or did you have issues? Just trying to find out if it is a good way to get cheap books.

Replies

• TammyBee
    Options
    Love to read! Haven't tried that though. I find the cheapest way to get books is the library. :smile:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I go to all my local thrift stores for books. I can get them for about 1-2 bucks. I have found a lot of brand new books. Its my favorite hobby. I love the library but I have this compulsion to keep all my books. My boyfriend and I are a little loony like that.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my books. I have a hard time getting rid of any. i have never heard of that. I guess it wouldn't hurt as long as its on the up and up. I usually buy my books in hardback though. I have to look that up though.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I get mine from libraries, library book sales and friends. I've heard of the site - but nothing more.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I love to read. Never used the site but the reviews look good http://www.viewpoints.com/PaperBackSwap-com--26737-reviews :) Giving me something to think about!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I buy my books from Amazon, they have secondhand books on there and some of them, I have bought for pennies.

I have also been able to buy books on there that I have been searching for years for, but have been unable to find anywhere else.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    There is a used book store right up the road. Bring your books in and they give you cash or twice as much in store credit.
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    If you shop amazon typically a book will be listed at the amazon new price, and then have two more options: new and used from 3rd party sellers. Alot of the times you can get the used books from the 3rd party sellers on the cheap, just a couple of bucks.

I recently bought House of Leaves used for 3.74 GBP when it retails on amazon.co.uk new for around 16 GBP.
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    If you shop amazon typically a book will be listed at the amazon new price, and then have two more options: new and used from 3rd party sellers. Alot of the times you can get the used books from the 3rd party sellers on the cheap, just a couple of bucks.

I recently bought House of Leaves used for 3.74 GBP when it retails on amazon.co.uk new for around 16 GBP.
  • blkbeaute2adore
    Options
    I have a friend who loves that site.She said it works out really great and encouraged me to try it.I plan on trying it one day soon.