I am always cold now!

Options
2»

Replies

• stringcheeze
    Options
    but I have noticed that some chairs that used to be ok to sit in are now uncomfortable. I feel all the extra ridges and stuff now!

I ride horses. Saddles that were once comfy are now all sorts of ouchies. I have to retrain my butt now! :)
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yep! My mom and I are ALWAYS cold. My boyfriend makes fun of me because I always, I mean ALWAYS make sure I have a sweater in my car or I take one with me when we are out and about. I can't leave home without it! Grocery stores and movie theaters are the worst.

Good job on your weight loss ;-)
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Layers of clothing is the answer!

AND have you starting feeling like sitting on chairs or riding a bike is harder on your bottom than they used to be too? I can't be alone in this one.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yes, totally, I had a jacket and a blanket on me at work yesterday, cause I was so cold! :)

Me too! I have a sweater that I leave here at work and a blanket too ;-)
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Exercise - if you're not already - might up your metabolism; also might want to check your ferritin levels (stored iron). I was always cold even when I wasn't on a diet, and found out (while testing for something else) my ferritin was almost at zero. I took iron supplements (Solgar Gentle Iron) for about 3 months and really noticed a difference - I warmed up!
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm still always hot. It's due to my v effective insulation. But I am trying my hardest to get to be the person who is complaining that it's freezing and wearing extra layers!!!
  • takethepieces
    Options
    Even when I was 276lbs I always felt cold....if you're having this problem now, who knows what I'll be like when I get to goal.
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm still always hot. It's due to my v effective insulation. But I am trying my hardest to get to be the person who is complaining that it's freezing and wearing extra layers!!!

same her, can't wait to be cold, im always boiling hot
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Yup! All I can say is thank God for dual control heated mattress pads! He kicks the a/c on when he gets home, I turn it off when he leaves. He is begining to think my body is Smurf blue because I wear my Snuggie all the time. He got me the Snuggie because he didn't like my "Mr. Rogers" sweaters.

My iron levels are A-ok as of last Thursday. I take an iron tablet the week before and the week of TOM anyway.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    When we go to a restaurant and the Hostess asks "Table or Booth?" I say "Whichever one is NOT near a Fan or Air Conditioner vent. You get really strange looks for that.

But I'd much rather carry a sweater or jacket everywhere with me than that "Insulating Layer of Fat"
  • eharvey
    Options
    Oh heck ya. I used to be the guy that skied in shorts and a T shirt. I live in California and im always freezing now. crazy stuff
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely. I was always hot, no matter how cold it was, I could still be too hot. Now, I get cold all the time. Part of it I attribute to getting used to living in SoCal, where it is always warm, so the slightest bit of cold is too much, but I think the weight loss has only made it worse. I can't take a walk at night without feeling like I need to go inside and put winter clothes on, and the grocery store KILLS me... ahhh!!

As for the comfort of chairs and things, oh my gosh yes. I used to be able to sit the whole time on long plane rides and be fine. I just flew across the country and back in August and it was PAINFUL. Oh man. I was squirming and moving and trying to get comfortable the whole time- it was awful!! I guess people that are used to it don't notice but man it hurt!
  • mkpeacock
    Options
    I have noticed I am doing this as well!! I was told at one point in time that this is a sign of your Iron being low so you might wanna go see your doctor and see what he/she thinks of you vitamin levels you may need a iron pill to take as your daily regiment!!! Good luck to you all with the chills lol I however have a trip to the Dr scheduled very soon!!!