Detox: Science behind it.

Options
13»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    @eveleen99 Name a disease we have today that we didn't have 100 years ago.
    Check the statistics on heart disease, diabetic, cancer and all the problems with the children diseases, and you will see that 60 or 50 years ago existed but not like now.
    Now think when was introduce all the modern food packaging, convenient, faster, whiter foods?
    Real food means real, whole wheat bread, brown rice, beef and chicken without hormones, etc, etc. not stripped of the natural nutrients and put back cheap vitamins,
    Not sure I follow your logic.
    So you think "real"food is better for you and in order to fix a diet of "not real" food you essentially eliminate protein and fat from your diet for a few days.
    Can you please explain how that makes you healthier and your brain sharper?

its called magic....
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    why not just eat real food and not torture yourself?

BUT DR. BEYONCÉ!!!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Check the statistics on heart disease, diabetic, cancer and all the problems with the children diseases, and you will see that 60 or 50 years ago existed but not like now.
    Now think when was introduce all the modern food packaging, convenient, faster, whiter foods?
    Real food means real, whole wheat bread, brown rice, beef and chicken without hormones, etc, etc. not stripped of the natural nutrients and put back cheap vitamins,

Even if we accept the premise that correlation = causation here, what does this have to do with detoxing? Wouldn't it be better to just eat less of these so-called "stripped" foods?

Also, while we're talking about correlation and causation

rock.jpg

...and resized.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    why not just eat real food and not torture yourself?

BUT DR. BEYONCÉ!!!

LOL I have found that when I do the exact opposite of what celebrities are doing that things turn out pretty well for me...
  • ndj1979
    Options

Even if we accept the premise that correlation = causation here, what does this have to do with detoxing? Wouldn't it be better to just eat less of these so-called "stripped" foods?

Also, while we're talking about correlation and causation

rock.jpg

...and resized.

who knew rock music impacted US oil production so much? Freaking rockers, no wonder my gas bill is so high...
  • jcorpern
    jcorpern Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    http://www.maybeiwill.com/2013/06/beyonces-magical-go-to-detox.html

Well on this detox you can lose 20lbs in 10 days by eating no food and just drinking this miracle concoction. If Beyonce does it it must be true.

I have a miracle cleanser too! You can lose 20lbs in 10 days on my program by simply drinking the miracle cleanser I call "WATER"! That's it.! Eat no food and simply drink my miracle cleanser WATER and you will lose 20lbs in 10 days! You can send a check or money order to me for $199.95 and I'll ship you the details!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Chicken breast meat is white, whether it comes from a non-GMO chicken or otherwise.
    Potatoes are white (well, russett anyhow) on the inside and are a wonderful source of potassium.
    Cauliflower is also white. And... well, it's cauliflower.

Please stop bashing food on the basis of color.
    People get too fat because they eat too much. Not because they eat the wrong stuff.

And please stop blaming modern society for weight / health problem. You made bad choices. So did I. All the detox in the world isn't going to un-do that.

Please check out this site:
    http://evidencemag.com/calories-count/
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Please tell me how your previous claim of eating "comfort" foods and cookies and then doing a "cleanse" follows your current claim that disease statistics are based on unhealthy foods that are currently available. There are higher incidences of these diseases becuase of industrialization, smoking, exposure to pollution, and many other things besides diet. Also, there are exponentially more people, which means more people to get the diseases you mentioned, espiecally when people are living much longer than they did 100 years ago.