Water

Options
How much water do you drink?

Replies

• snowbear1005
    snowbear1005 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    3-5 liters a day, more when I work out. One of these days, I'm going to float away.
  • stephsmom93
    stephsmom93 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    At least 64 ounces. I guzzle the first two bottles in the morning or I'd never make the 64 ounces by the end of the day.
  • SmartDad73
    SmartDad73 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've read in numerous articles that we're supposed to "drink half our body weight in ounces" each day. So if you're 200lbs, that's 100 ounces of water each day. That's a lot of water! :smile:
  • Bethany0214
    Bethany0214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    4-5 (16.9oz) bottles, plus a couple cups of coffee, a day. I have kidney stones so I try to keep my water intake high all the time. I love water though so it's easy for me to consume that amount.
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    96+ ounces per day. And it's super easy... I just keep one of those plastic tumblers with me all the time. It holds 24 oz of water, so I just drink 4 or more a day :)
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I generally exercise pretty intensely and drink between 14-17 cups a day.:smile:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    At least 64 oz, more if I have a high sodium day. Not really that difficult since the only beverage I consume is water. Or a protein shake made with water.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    average about a gallon a day
  • BrittneyJ2006
    BrittneyJ2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    4-5 liters, sometimes more. General guideline is to drink half your body weight in ounces. They have online calculators that allow you to enter even more info and will tell you based on that.
  • seamonsterr
    Options
    I bought one of those 72 OZ bottles......I try to drink at least that most days........most days........
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Practically none. Coffee, tea, light lemonade, soup, plenty of fruit and veg do me just fine. I drink when I'm thirsty. Show me the scientific evidence that I need to make water drinking a hobby.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    As much as I need, which varies daily. On workout days, probably close to 64 oz on top of my other sources of hydration (coffee mainly), and on non-workout days more like 24 oz.

I do watch my level of hydration though. If urine is pale or clear, I 'm good, if it's darker, I do drink more.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Tons with lemon.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Practically none. Coffee, tea, light lemonade, soup, plenty of fruit and veg do me just fine. I drink when I'm thirsty. Show me the scientific evidence that I need to make water drinking a hobby.

Nope, no water in that at all. ;)
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I probably average 48oz a day. More on days I run.

If I drink too much, I get really bad dizzying headaches.