Any 50+ years old out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• I am turning 60 in May! Yikes!
  • I am Nancy. Mother of five grown children and married to a mostly retired guy. Having my husband home all day makes it hard for me to feel very motivated, so I joined a gym and get there at least 3 times a week!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    53 on steroids and Hormones and it's hard for me to lose 1lb but I keep fighting everyday feel free to add me.
  • Bon48801
    Options
    Over here, over here she says;-))) I'm 50..... Menopausal, hypothyroid (sp) and I'm on a certain type of med that makes it difficult to lose weight! BUT!!!! We can do this, it may take us a bit longer, but slow and steady wins the race;)))

I'm finding walking helps me a great deal. I do want to trade my walking shoes in for running shoes though.........Time will tell;-)))
  • 62karen
    62karen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 51 and need my butt kicked to keep me motivated. Really would love to lose 30 by summer! Just started back on MFP a few weeks ago, and have to stick to it. HELP! :smile:
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hey I am 53 on my way to 54. Feel free to sne ne a friend request. Hope your ankle gets stronger. .
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and always looking for supportive friends.
  • Gigimom11
    Options
    Ok, add me to your list of buddies. 57, recently unemployed, and tired of this body. Let's do it!
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My profile says I'm 53, but I'm really only almost 52. Good luck to you. I'll be rooting for you.
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    58 soon to be 59. Became serious about MFP mid Sept. 13. Just finished the C25K program today. Run my first 5k next Saturday. Starting 10k training Monday. Feeling great.
  • ican135
    ican135 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello
    I turned 54 in June. The majority of the time I feel good. But lately I am feeling a little out of control. Health and Weight.

I started doing yoga 2 times a week. it helps to exercise with my sister she is 6 years younger.
    My goal is to put on anything and not worry about covering up certain body parts.

Everyone have great day. Remember small changes :smile:
  • spolan
    spolan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    HI, Good job! May I ask how you got started in your running program? I am 50 and need (want) to lose 20 pounds. I am at my heaviest weight ever. I am so unmotivated but want to get started. Would you mind sharing your routine? Thanks. Sue
  • spolan
    spolan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I am a young 62! LOL! I also had ankle surgery after breaking it! Please read my profile and send me a friend request if you wish! I am here every day to give and receive support!/ Cindy
  • gwenbs22
    gwenbs22 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Queenbee: I am in that age group and proud of it. It is a little more challenging to lose not only the weight but also the inches but I am determined to be healthier in my older age.

Thanks for reaching out!