I need motivation

Options
I want to lose weight for the new year and for my overall health. Who would like to help support me? I love running, but I also love alcohol and chocolate. I hate not a soda in over a year, and I quite smoking cigarettes. However, I cannot quit booze and candy. Whenever I cut back on one, my craving for the other intensifies. Motivation needed. STAT!

Replies

• nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hi Bug Girl!!!

Welcome back to MFP!! We're all here to support you! Here's an idea... DON'T QUIT WHAT YOU LOVE. Just cut back. Make it a reward instead of an off limits. Decide on a "cheat day" once a week or once every two weeks and have a beer or some candy. Dieting isn't really about not eating foods.. it's more about watching your calorie intake and keeping your numbers on track. Heck you could potentially have a candy or two a day IF you work it into your calorie schedule.

I personally have one day every few days where I push my caloric intake up 800 calories, and I can have some of the things I love like pizza or a glass of wine.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. :smile:
    I know the feeling haha. I have a bad habit of getting things for myself, that I know I shouldn't, but I try to have things in moderation. It's not too bad to have a drink or a piece of candy here or there. Just as long as you don't over-do it, which I know is hard sometimes. Congrats on quitting soda & smoking! That's always a good start.
  • sandrajarrard
    sandrajarrard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree. I have struggled with trying to stay away from alcohol and yummy treats on the weekend. Always a struggle.:(
    Like you, I love running. I am here to support you if you would like. I am also looking for a buddy to keep me accountable. Let me know.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Rules, schmules... Are you doing stuff today to be a better person than you were yesterday? Yes => success!!! No => well, try again tomorrow. As long as you did stuff today that was CON-structive, and not DE-structive, then you are moving in the right direction!
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone don't give up what you love just cut back. I've been yo-yoing the last 3-4 years. I never thought I'd be that girl. The past month something actually clicked in me and someone very close to me said "How bad do you want it" and also some other people said I needed time for me. So I put those two thoughts in my brain and now I am jazzercising. It is so much fun and for me time. So you gotta ask yourself, "How bad do you want it"??

Best of luck. Add me if you would like. I love motivating people!!

Cathi
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Rules, schmules... Are you doing stuff today to be a better person than you were yesterday? Yes => success!!! No => well, try again tomorrow. As long as you did stuff today that was CON-structive, and not DE-structive, then you are moving in the right direction!

like this person said!!!