When you know your done your weight loss!

MrsBattousai
MrsBattousai Posts: 171
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey!

So here is my story my starting weight was 288 in July 09. I have been losing weight since there and I have lost a total of 125 pounds. I know weigh in at 163 pounds I'm 5 feet 7 and I have medium frame. I feel great and have come a very long way. Everyone says I look really good and they say I should stop losing weight because I'm to skinny now. I'm in a size 10 I use to be a plus size 26. Not sure if I should stop or still lose acorrding to alot of web-sites I should be 147-150 just wondered what everyone thinks or have done.

Tks for the imput. I'm very happy with where I have come just don't know if I should contuice or just mantian. Accroding to the Wii fit I'm still overweight. I don't know any ideas whould help.

Melissa

Replies

• vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Wow - first I want to congratulate you big time for your accomplishment - you have come a long way - and that is totally awesome!!!

As for your question - you need to determine what is best for you - you absolutely can't listen to friends and family - they want what's best for you, but they aren't YOU!! If you feel you should continue to lose - then do so. If you feel you are at a good place, then stop losing and go into maintenance mode.

Another thought, check in with your physician to see what he/she says. They may have additional information that would be useful to you.

Good luck whatever you decide to do and I am again going to say that you are impressive - great job.

Blessings

Vickie
  • i say do what feels right to you. dont let other people or a silly video game console tell you you need to lose more or that you're too skinny if you think you've done it and reached the perfect maintain weight. but if YOU feel like those last ten pounds need to come off then go for it. just dont let pressure make you succumb to someone else's opinion. do this for YOU and not for anyone else.

you've done AWESOME! good luck with your decision, whatever you choose, make sure its the right choice for YOU.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Hi there :bigsmile:
    I know weigh in at 163 pounds I'm 5 feet 7 and I have medium frame

That is exactly where I am as of my weigh in today he he :wink: congrats on the weight loss :drinker:

I started off at 195lbs and am aiming for 150lbs (13lbs more) but in saying that if I feel that I am looking gaunt from the loss I will stop :wink:

I'm hoping that once I get to that goal and I tone up more that I will feel better in my clothes :blushing: I feel so good now but reckon a small bit more to go not so much on the scales but on how my clothes feel :laugh:
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Dr Oz says too much fat on the abdomen is unhealthy (heart, diabetes, etc.)
    He says the max a person's waist should be is half of their height.
    You are 67 inches tall. Is your waist at 33.5 inches or less? Then you are at a good size.
    :drinker: (water)
  • Hey!

Tks so much it really does help when someone else in the same shoes. I think I will feel better when I tune-up the loose skin and build more musale.

Melissa
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    I'm only 0.5 inches shorter and also a med frame......10 years ago when I lost weight the first time I was 145......and I was FAT (or so I thought.......I now look at those picures and realize I was delusional....LOL)

so anyway this time around I decided I want to be smaller since last time I felt so big, so I set my final goal almost 20 lbs less. I am thinking I may not have to go that low though and I probably will up my goal weight at some point because this time I've been running and weight lifting and I am toning up nicely. I did do weights and cardio the first time....but this time just seems better. I'm losing more inches etc although I am going to end up with way more loose skin to deal with (I've had 2 kids and I had a larger starting weight) so that I'll figure out later.

so after all my rambling I say to just lose weight until you feel good about yourself, really concentrate on toning though and not so much the scale, a muscular body will weigh more than a flabby one.

Good job on your weight loss so far.....YOU ARE AMAZING AND SUCH AN INSPIRATION!
  • Congratulations on your fabulous weight loss!
    I am 5ft 8 and aiming for 140lbs - and I know I will get comments from friends and family that I am gaunt and skinny when I get there - BUT I have to remember, people have known me as overweight and it'll be a shock to the system to see me as a normal size!

So you need to do what feels right for you - and it's worth checking in with your doctor and getting his view on what would be a healthy weight for you.
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Firstly...wow!
    Secondly...I'm far from at my goal bit I was kinda thinking that once I got to my optimum weight that's where I would notice a plateau. If I'm still able to loose it's cos I still need to.
    I really don't know. But again, well done x
This discussion has been closed.