Paleo diet?

Options
Does anyone have any success stories? If so, please share! :)

Replies

• LunaGreen
    LunaGreen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I started January 1st and have lost 10lbs :) I reeeeeally love it, take a serious commitment to food prep and actually cooking... a lot! The second week was awful as I got what people cal the "carb flu" or "paleo flu." I will say that I don't think anyone can lose a ton of weight just by changing to this lifestyle, I have also been counting calories. I'll add you as a friend, you can look at my diary and I may be able to offer more based on yours too :)

Also, anymore paleo needs and success stories are here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/37-primal-paleo-support-group
  • aggiegirl121
    aggiegirl121 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I started January 1st and have lost 10lbs :) I reeeeeally love it, take a serious commitment to food prep and actually cooking... a lot! The second week was awful as I got what people cal the "carb flu" or "paleo flu." I will say that I don't think anyone can lose a ton of weight just by changing to this lifestyle, I have also been counting calories. I'll add you as a friend, you can look at my diary and I may be able to offer more based on yours too :)

Also, anymore paleo needs and success stories are here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/37-primal-paleo-support-group

Thank you!
  • fitnesspro111
    Options
    I am kidney transplanted pateint, taking steroid last 9 years I gained lot of extra pounds after being transplanted,my Doctor advised me to lose weight any how.I just did some exercises and change my diet .It gave me tremendous change .Now I wear any type of cloths.as I have losed 15 kg.
    “Lifestyle”

Morning: Warm water with Lime / Honey within half hour of waking up.

Breakfast: Egg, Paratha(Wheat Pancakes), Cheese, Hazelnut chocolate spread

Exercise Routine: Spend time in the Gym depending when she is free, either morning or evening.

11.30 a.m. (If hungry): Hummus & boiled Panini, sprouts, fruits such as watermelon, custard apple, Mango, etc.

Lunch: 2 Rotis (Wheat Pancakes made without oil), Sabji(Curry) and Sweet Lassi. The Sabji is simple and not oily/spicy.

4.30 p.m. : Lemon tea

If I am out, I enjoy small portions of Pizza/Butter Toast etc.

Dinner@ 9 p.m. – Soups (home cooked with combination of vegetables such as carrots, Pumpkin, Tomatoes with Onions sautéd.)

exhausted but I love every single second of it. . ”

Comfort food: I am fond of eating Maggie and Cheese cubes.
  • hymescs
    hymescs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I eased into Paleo .. each month eliminating a food or replacing it with something else. Over the course of 8 months, I lost 46 lbs. The problem is, I hit a 4 month plateau that frustrated me.. and I gave up and went back to carbs and junk food. I put 1/2 of it back on. I guess it's not the greatest "success" story because I wasn't completely consistent with it, but here's what I learned... don't let the scale defeat you. I think for me I got so focussed on what the scale was telling me that I lost sight of my goals.. I don't just want to weigh less.. I want to feel better and look better. So, I've gone back to the lifestyle change, except I give myself a day to indulge on 1 or 2 things I enjoy eating. The best advice I have for you is that you should stay consistent, don't let the scale be your only measure for success, and go slow - because lifestyle changes rarely happen overnight. If you want to add me and we support each other together.. I'm all for it as well.
  • fitnesspro111
    Options
    www.webmd.com/diet/paleo-diet‎