Love Handles. =[

Options
What are good excercises to get ride of love handles? With out machine equipment. I already walk an 1 and a half a day.

Replies

• caldwellchris
    Options
    Contrary to what the infomercials suggest there is no such thing as spot reduction. Fat is lost throughout the body in a pattern dependent upon genetics, sex (hormones), and age. Overall body fat must be reduced to lose fat in any particular area. Although fat is lost or gained throughout the body it seems the first area to get fat, or the last area to become lean, is the midsection (in men and some women, especially after menopause) and hips and thighs (in women and few men). Sit-ups, crunches, leg-hip raises, leg raises, hip adduction, hip abduction, etc. will only exercise the muscles under the fat.

Be honest with yourself and stick to a clean diet that conforms to your weight goal.

Strength train regularly.

Try high intensity training, along with more cardio.

Work hard!

Good luck!
  • lordofultima
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat, only through proper nutrition (read: not starving yourself) and cardiovascular exercise that elevates your heart rate into the fat loss zone, will you achieve fat loss in your love handle region. Even then, your body will choose where the fat comes off and when, so it's a slow iterative process. Strength training will accelerate your metabolism because more muscle requires more energy every day to maintain.

Change your lifestyle, don't look for an easy way there!
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hey there :flowerforyou:

Before I went on hols I was desperately trying to hide mine don't get me wrong still some work left BUT I found that swimming really made a difference :bigsmile:

I am just back after 2 weeks in Spain and lost over 6 inches (overall) just on the hols alone nearly fell over he he :bigsmile: I measured myself just before I went so I could compare any damage I may have had but was shocked with the results :heart: