How long did it take to see any results? =)

Options
I know this probably gets asked so much but how long should it take to start seeing results? =)

I recently started working out(running/aerobics) in 2013 October and actually gained weight with gaining muscle to start with. Then I lost a few pounds and basically just stayed the same weight for a few months :/

Now I'm trying to eat right too and see if it'll come off faster which it should do eventually. I eat under my 1440 cal most days and I've been exercising 3 times a week which I don't eat back or log into MFP anymore. I'm 5'8 and 177 lbs atm. Goal is 150 lbs =) How long should I keep at this to be seeing results? I know it won't drop off automatically but it would help greatly if anyone has any tips or advice or motivation :D

Replies

• Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    What body do u ultimately want

a thin unhealthy looking body that may possibly still hold flab

or a firm , strong and healthy body ?

My advice : Focus on strength training , work out your TDEE , get in a good balanced macro nutrient ratio and stop worrying about weight , rather do measurements

U will see noticeable results in a couple of weeks .
    Patience and consistency is the name of the game
  • cloudylemonade
    cloudylemonade Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Chadomaniac: I do want to be athletic not 'skinny' but for those muscles to show more I need to loose a good layer of fat that's covering them! Realistically I should be 15-20 lbs lighter. I do strength training one to twice a week, with a class. It's a good work out and I've finally managed to do 6 press-ups last time i went, lol. Yeah you must be right about the measurement thing as all my clothes have gotten looser but the scales have stayed the same! I really need to go dig out the old measuring tape now! Thanks =)
  • johnny7625
    Options
    sometimes you don't loose weight cause you gain muscle keep working you are doing good