Keep getting back up.

Options
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that! I'm always gonna love you, no matter what. No matter what happens. You're my son and you're my blood. You're the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, you ain't gonna have a life.”

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    great motivator. Many of us have lost and gained and lost and gained but still keep coming back knowing that our health is at stake.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Wow!! Thx I needed that. I agree that it is easy to blame everyone and every thing for why I don't get this or that.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Got to thank a Rocky movie for that one. I was listening to some music yesterday while working out & this quote was being said at the start. I totally worked out so much better & even hubby got off his *kitten* at that point.