Insanity sanity check DVD

Options
Ok since I've been told to ease into insanity (even though I'm mentally ready and have done these types of exercises before just not as fast and furious as insanity does them), I ordered the insanity sanity check DVD which is meant to be a precursor to insanity that you do for one to two weeks prior to starting insanity to get your form down pat and at a slightly slower pace but it is still an insanity type work out. And forgive me if this question should be in the diet and nutrition section but do I need to start following the insanity nutrition guide with the sanity check DVD? If so I'm FrEAKINg out over the amount of calories it's telling me to consume. Right now I'm eating 1390-1450 calories a day and it's telling me to bump it up to 1983! I'm already working out at least 3-4 times a week and trying to watch what I eat an the scale isn't moving. Is it possible I've been eating too few calories? The work out I have been doing is Jillian michaels. And when I did the calculations for the insanity calorie calculator I listed my activity as moderately active (moderate intensity 3-5 times a week) which I consider the Jillian micahels DVD moderately intense and I still got my total of 1983. Even at plugging in the numbers for low intensity work out it has me at 1702 calories a day. That's waaay higher than the MFP recommended. Again do I need this many calories with the sanity check DVD or should I wait till I start full on insanity?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if i remember correctly, insanity uses a TDEE type formula to give you a calorie amount. this is different to MFP as MFP expects you to eat your exercise cals back.

so if you eat 1400 cals following MFP, and then burn 300-400 during your insanity workout you should actually be eating 1700 to 1800 per day. if your activity setting on MFP is correct then this number should work out about the same as a TDEE calculation.
  • kieferz
    kieferz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am going to get a heart rte monitor in a few weeks also so that should help me accurately determine how many calories I'm burning.