NSV - hand me downs

Options
SezxyStef
SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
I had two this weekend...

I went through my closet during Christmas and emptied 48 hangers...yes 48...all size 12-16....got two huge bags full and gave them to another friend who needed them...I got a text say she loved loved loved it all (apparently I have good taste) and what didn't fit her (she is losing now too) she gave to her mom who loved loved loved them too...not only did getting rid of all those big cloths help but making someone's day helped...

My "skinny" sister is giving me cloths now...she has always been the "small" one...all her size 8's are coming my way as she is in a size 4 now...and it fits...

I tried on a size 8 dress she gave me 2 months ago I could zip up...I can now...

Replies

• muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love getting new clothes, and passing on items that are too big.

Great job!
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I, too, emptied some hangers this weekend. It was almost like a weight off my shoulders. Unfortunately, I still have a lot of weight to lose, so no one is donating clothes to me yet, but maybe some day!!! One of my rewards to myself was to buy to new matching hangers. Kind of goofy maybe, but I love now seeing my closet with fewer FAT clothes, and all matching hangers.

Congratulations on your new wardrobe!!! Keep up the hard work. : )
  • rebornat45
    rebornat45 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Now that is something to smile about!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Woot Woot! I love shrinking out of clothes. I have two big bags waiting to go to resource center.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!