HRM Any suggestions?

Options
I'm planning on getting a HRM and wanted to get feedback on what everyone is using and how they like it. Thanks in advance guys!

Replies

• Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You should definitely get one with a chest strap so it can accurately measure calorie burn. Apart from that, most of the other features are pretty worthless in my opinion. I've got a Suunto T4 (I think) and I love it, but I could've saved a bit of cash by getting 1-2 models down since calorie burn is all I use it for.

The other stuff, like training advice and the software stuff would be useful if I wasn't using mfp and didn't have my own training regime, but its basically palying second fiddle to a bunch of free services.

Any accurate calorie tracker is probably going to be good enough unless you plan to use it as a guide for your entire fitness regime.

BTW, the chest strap on my Suunto is very comfortable, creates a great connection, and works. The watch is easy to read, easy to use, doesn't scratch (some other people have reported that as a problem, but I haven't had it) has neat features... generally a positive review from me. I haven't used others to compare it though.
  • irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I got one from walmart. it takes a little more work to keep it accurate, but it counts the calories you burn too.
  • sk_letsdothis
    sk_letsdothis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the tip!