30 day shred calories

Options
Does anyone know roughly how many calories are burnt in Jillian Michael's 30 day shred?

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Recurring theme on MFP and no one knows unless you wear an HRM. I log it under circuit training.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Depends on a few things. Age Height weigh and fitness level. I will give you an example of my calories burned. I am pretty fit so my HR does not stay up there long. I generally burn around 190-240 calories if I push hard. I also usually repeat the circuits. Example level 1 repeat it or repeat the circuits after each on you do. Then I generlaly burn closer to 450 500 calories. Again depends on the levels too. Hope this help. If you have time repeat it for an hour it is a killer yet great workout
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree it's much better to get a HRM so you get accurate readings :smile: I bought mine from ebay for £30 (with chest strap) and it works great! I normally burn 150ish calories for Level 1 (I'm 16, 5 foot 4, 149 lbs) but i've got limited space so cant fully extend when doing jumping jacks etc. BUT! It differs greatly on the person's weight etc. so I would recommend getting a HRM :flowerforyou:
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    I have a polar f7 hrm with chest strap. I'm 5 ft 4, weigh 139 pounds. I burn 172 calories doing level 1 of the shred, including warm up and cool down (so 28 minutes in total). According to the MFP database, I would burn 237 calories doing 28 minutes of circuit training. We weigh about the same (but I'm not sure about your height) so I would log it as circuit training and manually bring the calories burned down to about 180 calories. I start level 2 next week, send me a message if you want to know how much I will be burning doing level 2.

Whilst it is best to buy a hrm, I didn't have one until 2 months ago because I couldn't afford one and I found these threads, where you can find out how much a person of similar weight, height and fitness as you burned doing a similar type of exercise, very useful.

Good luck and you will love doing the Shred!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I do plan on getting a HRM (Target K901 Heart Rate Monitor) to use but the shop's out of stock at the moment so I might have to wait a few days. I've logged it for today as 20 minutes circuit training and MFP says thats 166 calories so it sounds about right based on what everyone has said :)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get a HR monitor with a chest strap