Success is subjective

Options
BodyByBex
BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
This is the first time I can recall starting a topic on MFP. Anyway...

I weighed myself this morning and after 2 weeks of watching what I put in my face and drinking more water..I lost 3 lbs! This is a small success BUT it is success none the less.

I was concerned I would be getting nowhere with all the stress of looking for a new job and moving back in with my parents and my divorce. I was slowly losing motivation to keep going. I started 30 day shred 2 days ago (On Level 1 day 3 today) and I kept thinking change wouldn't happen or I wouldn't keep up with it past 2 days. Then I log on here and I see all of these success stories and I get motivated. That can be me. The time is passing anyway I might as well DO something while it's going by.

Then getting on the scale this morning was my wake up call. 3 pounds in two weeks...If I keep this up, in two more weeks it might be 6 pounds down...in 4 weeks, 12...in 8 weeks I COULD be out of the 200 club!

People might hate or say I'm lying to myself but 3 lbs is success to me and the start of something much bigger: A healthier ME!

Replies

• Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Every pound you lose is a step in the right direction! You are making progress in getting where you want to be and every step that you make in that direction helps. According to my doctor 1 to 1.5 pounds a week is a healthy way to lose and helps you better maintain the weight loss so it does not come back. So you go girl!! Every pound you lose..everytime to make the a better decision about food choices and everyday you make the effort to move more than you normally would is a step in the journey of weightloss and becoming a healthier person. Good Luck with the journey!! :drinker:
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 pounds a week is a great steady way to lose weight. Keep up the good work. You'll find that workouts might help with your stress levels. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!