Quest Bar Sale at GNC!

Options
Hey all! I don't eat Quest Bars, but I know many of you love them, and I saw that GNC is having a 30% off sale, today. It brings the Quest Bars down to a little less than $19 a box. Use the code JANWELL at checkout!

Replies

• fallenoaks50
    Options
    Thank you!
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You're awesome, thanks!!
  • miratime
    miratime Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Is this still working? It's telling me it's not a valid code when I try to enter it.

EDIT: Tried using Incognito Mode in Chrome and then it worked. FYI if anyone else has the same problem.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Yup- just ordered 3 boxes for $56 :drinker:
  • GGDaddy
    Options
    Is this still working? It's telling me it's not a valid code when I try to enter it.

EDIT: Tried using Incognito Mode in Chrome and then it worked. FYI if anyone else has the same problem.

Had the same problem, and incognito fixed it. Would *never* have thought of that myself, many thanks!!!
  • wacki13
    wacki13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They are much better from the actual website, http://www.questproteinbar.com/. I used to buy mine from GNC ALLLLL the time, until Cyber Monday when Quest ran a really good deal. I've ordered online ever since! Softer, more flavorful, and fresh!
  • fedor99
    fedor99 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi Guys and Gals,

Sorry to burst your bubble Quest Bars where tested for the macros and they are pretty much off by 80% on some of there claims.

Eat Real food -Make your own Bars easy to do and you control what you put in there,
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys and Gals,

Sorry to burst your bubble Quest Bars where tested for the macros and they are pretty much off by 80% on some of there claims.

Eat Real food -Make your own Bars easy to do and you control what you put in there,

Pretty sure that claim hasn't been proven.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys and Gals,

giphy.gif
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    MOTHER EFFER.

If only this was for GNC.ca, they don't ship to Canada :explode:
  • djholman7
    djholman7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't know about their marco information being off.. But it definatly wouldnt be easy to make a homeade protein bar with 17g of fiber, 5 net carbs, and 20g of protein without it tasting like absolute crap.

Anyway, Thanks for the heads up on the deal
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys and Gals,

Hi dude with a totally unsubstantiated claim.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I DGAF about your crusade against the imaginary food I'm eating. Why don't you keep your eyes on your own plate? That is, of course, unless you can provide some actual scientific proof to back your claim.

Capitalize Random Words--seriously, Make the English language Your b***h.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Hi dude with a totally unsubstantiated claim.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I DGAF about your crusade against the imaginary food I'm eating. Why don't you keep your eyes on your own plate? That is, of course, unless you can provide some actual scientific proof to back your claim.

:smile:

:laugh: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

:laugh: :love: :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]
  • fedor99
    fedor99 Posts: 16
    Options
    Eat what you want I don't care !!!!The FDA does not regulate bars in the USA it says that on the package read it its in black and white !

The reason I told you to make your own protein bars is because you and only you can regulate what you mix into your own personal bars.

Your Body do what you want !

I don't make any money off you making your own protein bars or eating real food so there is no benefit to me !
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want I don't care !!!!The FDA does not regulate bars in the USA it says that on the package read it its in black and white !

The reason I told you to make your own protein bars is because you and only you can regulate what you mix into your own personal bars.

Your Body do what you want !

I don't make any money off you making your own protein bars or eating real food so there is no benefit to me !

mpi.jpg
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys and Gals,

Interesting

Where did you hear this? Got a link? Not saying your wrong, just wanna read the info on it
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    damn, looks like it expired!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Interesting

Where did you hear this? Got a link? Not saying your wrong, just wanna read the info on it

In mid-December someone filed a lawsuit alleging that Quest overstates its dietary fiber content and consequently understates its digestible carb content. It is essentially a dispute over whether Isomalto-Oligosaccarides ("IMOs") are digestible carbs or dietary fiber. If you let the all-knowing gods of Wikipedia decide -- it is dietary fiber. Other all-knowing gods disagree, and I am too lazy and not interested enough to research it to holy hell. Quest of course disputes this complaint.

Looking at my Coconut Cashew bar label (which is awesome and which I enjoy from time to time), total calories are listed as 170, with 20g of protein, 6g of fat, and 24g of carbs (of which 17g are listed as dietary fiber -- the mysterious IMO).

If IMOs are dietary fiber then: 20g protein @ 4 cals per g = 80 cal; plus 6g fat at 9 cals per g = 54g; plus 7 net carbs @ 4 g per cal = 28 cals for a total of 172 calories.

If IMOs are not dietary fiber and instead normal carbs, then: 80 cal protein, plus 54 cal fat, plus 24g carb @ 4 cal per g = 96 cals for a total of 230 Cals -- an increase of 60 cals and 17g carbohydrates.

All of which is interesting in a somewhat random way, but does not, IMHO, justify the "they were tested and were off by 80% on some of their claims" based solely on this dispute over IMOs, even if the "sorry to burst your bubble" post had been more literate and cited sources.

Here's a link to a short discussion at another forum that gets right to the point about the dispute being over IMOs: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=511360.0

Here are two links to MFP threads discussing this (in which you'll find additional links to the actual complaint, several reports on the dispute, Quest's response, and some informed discussion (and probably some cat GIFs):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1157153-quest-bar-law-suit?hl=quest+lawsuit
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175092-quest-bars-overrated-or?hl=quest+lawsuit&page=1#posts-18358251
  • GGDaddy
    Options
    Awesome recap Cortelli, thank you!!

I gotta say, no doubt in my mind that it's 17g of fiber alright. I eat the same food every dang day, including the days before & after I added a single Quest bar to my diet. The physiological reaction I experienced can only be described as the result of a boatload of fiber added, so much so I thought I'd have to go to the hospital. No way that happened from just 17g of extra carbs.

Just one data point to be sure. But from my point of view, it was a very big data point! Now I've doubled my water intake and have gotten used to the bars, so it's all good.

ETA: Awesome taste in flavors btw, Coconut Cashew is far and away my favorite.