pals in 40s and 50s

Options
beaches61
beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
Would like to share support with motivated folks, esp. those in 40s and 50s when losing weight becomes more of a challenge and more of a necessity due to health issues.

I'm 52, have two healthy, growing and slim teenagers who seem to eat a lot (and are not overweight). Want to lose 20-25 pounds. Blood pressure is borderline, want to bring down.

I'm really motivated. I've been doing for a week and already seeing some results, down a couple pounds and pants are feeling looser.

How are you managing, and what are your challenges? Seeking support. I love this site!

Replies

• Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family! You'll find all the support you need and more here! Feel free to add me. I am on just about everyday staying motivated and providing encouragement where I can!
  • Rogerfr63
    Options
    Added.
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 40s, if you want to add me. I'm a maintainer who comes & goes when my weight moves out of my 8-pound window.
    The year I turned 40, I'd hit my highest weight ever not pregnant. I lost over 10 pounds just trying to eat healthier, but when my weight loss stalled, I joined MFP to take off the last 10 pounds. MFP is awesome for making you make wiser choices with your snacks. I get very hungry about every 2-3 hours, and tracking my calories keeps me aware of how my frequent refueling adds up.
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I joined back in 2012 but actually became active the second week of September 2013. You will find lots of information here as well as motivation. Personally I like to look at the success stories with Pics, that is great motivation. I have added you.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!

I'm 48 but I'm still chasing two little ones around -- they are 4 and 6. Time is tough, but I get it done.

I do my workouts in the AM.

Add me!
    Nancy
  • marem
    marem Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I could have written your post, Beaches! Well except for the losing weight part since I just started today. I too would like to lose about 25 pounds and bring down my blood pressure (which so far has not needed medication and I would like to keep it that way!). I have lost some weight in the past and food journaling seems to be a big motivator for me. Exercise is a challenge for me. Best of luck on your journey.
  • beaches61
    Options
    Thank you alll!! So nice to meet you.

I have added a picture, hadn't gotten around to doing that, but there's one there now.

Looking forward to sharing support!!!
  • beaches61
    Options
    Thank you! Looking forward to learning from others as well!
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Definitely! :)
  • DawnMarie1970
    DawnMarie1970 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Added you
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group. I am 46.
  • RTheHutt
    RTheHutt Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    51 here, and log daily. I also have two bottom-less pit teenagers so I can relate.

Adding you, but anyone can feel free to add me as well.
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    45, and just joined the gym. struggling so definitely understand the concept of the metabolism thing. send me a request if your interested.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hi and glad you're liking the site! I'm a hair away from 60 but happy to help if I can. I log daily and even though I'm pretty much at goal I plan to continue so I don't lose sight of the numbers.

Best of luck to you and feel free to add me as your friend :flowerforyou:
  • gerberafan
    gerberafan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 47 and I would like to have some people around my age to have as friends to support and encourage and support and encourage me as well. Please add me and we can go on this journey together.
  • nolanerinbryon
    nolanerinbryon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm 40, married with 2 kids... workout 4-6x per week and have logged on daily since I started just over a year ago. I'll send you a request. Others are welcome to add me as well :)
  • Gohomebay
    Gohomebay Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend as well. Kinda feel off the wagon last year and back on this year learned this place is great in so many ways! Wonderful true people. I am 44 add me with a note pls
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 55, log in every day with an open diary. Please feel free to add me for mutual support :smile:
  • MarcieDixon
    MarcieDixon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 56...will be 57 next month...Continuing to lose weight for my health and well being......:flowerforyou:
  • MarcieDixon
    MarcieDixon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me too :glasses: