Range of Weekly Weight Fluctuations?

Options
Hey everyone!
My weight has fluctuated between 134 and 127 since October, but I've lost 1.5 inches on my waist, .5 inch on my hips and 1 inch on my thighs. I eat 1300-1500 calories, exercise 4-5 days a week, 10 minutes hard cardio and 50 minutes of heavy lifting, so I assume it's muscle gain. (I'm looking to get down to 115)

There has been several weeks where I have gained 4-7 pounds and then lose it over the next 2-3 weeks.
Does anyone else fluctuate this dramatically?
I've done a lot of research that says large fluctuations are usually water weight, but I'm having a hard time believing that.

How much does your weight fluctuate weekly?

Replies

• snowbear1005
    snowbear1005 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mine fluctuates 5-7 pounds day to day, but since the beginning of the year, my high/low weights are getting lower. I think I've lost 2 lbs. so far this month.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    My weight has fluctuated between 134 and 127 since October, but I've lost 1.5 inches on my waist, .5 inch on my hips and 1 inch on my thighs. I eat 1300-1500 calories, exercise 4-5 days a week, 10 minutes hard cardio and 50 minutes of heavy lifting, so I assume it's muscle gain. (I'm looking to get down to 115)

There has been several weeks where I have gained 4-7 pounds and then lose it over the next 2-3 weeks.
    Does anyone else fluctuate this dramatically?
    I've done a lot of research that says large fluctuations are usually water weight, but I'm having a hard time believing that.

How much does your weight fluctuate weekly?

Sodium intake, exercise intensity, hydration levels, carb intake, and menstrual cycle are all things that can affect water retention.