Detox Water

Options
2»

Replies

• nikkim19781
    nikkim19781 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes! It totally works! I drank one cup of Magic Lemony Cucumber Water and I lost 50 pounds overnight. But you have to use Magic Cucumbers or it doesn't work, and they're hard to get since they only grow in Argentina and can only be harvested on February 29th, so you have to wait until 2016.

I see you too are having a horrible day! I hope it gets better for you!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Nikkim, you'd be better logging your foods in your diary rather than looking for magic potions.

Sorry if that's too blunt.
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    wow- I read this thread cos I thought detox water sounded fun!

but my god am I disappointed in the rather sarcy and unhelpful responses. I thought this was a place of help!

It is a place for help. HOWEVER, "detox waters" are brought up pretty regularly and always shot down. Why? Because water alone detoxes the body. Adding fruit and veggies is only going to add some flavor to it. There's no need for magical detoxes to lose weight/get healthy. That's why you encounter sarcasm and "unhelpful" responses.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It adds a nice flavour to water, but it wont give it magical detoxing powers.

Actually water already has those powers. Except maybe if you live in WV.
  • nikkim19781
    Options
    wow- I read this thread cos I thought detox water sounded fun!

but my god am I disappointed in the rather sarcy and unhelpful responses. I thought this was a place of help!

There has been a thread going on this subject all morning... and probably 20 threads a day everyday.

Like I said earlier, I saw a friend on pinterest pinned some Dr Oz honey/lemon detox that claims you can lose 20lbs in 10 days. IT's just absurd to think that anyone would actually believe that crap.

I agree! I don't believe that and anyone who does is crazy. I really should have posted has anyone tried and LIKED the water as opposed to saying "detox water". I see it gets people all worked up. Nevertheless, I was inquiring about the taste, not whether or not it works as a "detox".
  • nikkim19781
    Options
    I've had a friend at work try the lemon/cucumber/mint "detox". She said it tasted horrible.
    I'm not exactly sure what it's supposed to do though...
    Just drink mojitos and call it a day

These are the answers I was looking for...as far as the taste. Not the detoxing benefits. My subject should have been phrased better.

Thank you!
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    OP isn't going to get any real information here about detoxing.
    Or anywhere else.
    Detoxing is a myth.
    Everything is a lie.
    I am a lie.
    Where am I?
    Did I ever exist?
    The abyss of the universe is calling me.
    Its black voice of void and mystery.
    "Detox" it says in a whisper,
    "Isn't really a thing."
    And then I rejoice
    tumblr_m5i6qrAB5K1qbzjato1_400.gif
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! Which is why I DO NOT post in these forums often. Most of the answers are sarcastic and extremely uncalled for. If you have seen such a post over and over then DO NOT respond! It takes much less effort to roll your eyes at the keyboard than it does to answer so negatively! I wish these folks well though!
    So if someone is wrong about something that could harm themselves (or waste their time/effort) everyone should just close their eyes and hope the misinformation magically corrects itself. What a helpful attitude.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It's not that difficult to make is it - why don't you try it and see how it tastes to you?
  • BootCamper10
    BootCamper10 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have tried something called 'Sassy water " here's the recipe.
    Ingredients:

Sassy Water

Yield:1pitcher
    .Units: US | Metric
    .8 1/2 cups water
    1 teaspoon grated ginger
    1 medium cucumber, sliced thin
    1 medium lemon, sliced thin
    12 leaves spearmint ( I use fresh mint)
    Directions:
    Mix all ingredients together in a pitcher.
    2 Refrigerate overnight.
    3Strain water.
    4. Drink all 8 1/2 cups during the day.
    5.Really good!

I have made this many times and I really enjoy it I will drink this for a bout one week. Then return to drink plain drinking water
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I've had a friend at work try the lemon/cucumber/mint "detox". She said it tasted horrible.

These are the answers I was looking for...as far as the taste. Not the detoxing benefits. My subject should have been phrased better.

Thank you!

I'm not partial to cucumbers, but I did try gin on the rocks with cucumber and it was better than I expected.
    I felt pretty good after drinking it. :drinker: heehee

But then again, I was surprised that Mojitos taste pretty good, too.

all in moderation!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this detox water with the cucumbers and lemon??? Just curious!
    No food or drink "detoxes" anything in the body. It's just a drink with flavor in it and sans sugar/sugar substitute.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do lemon water in the morning half an hour before eating. Helps to promote an alkaline environment, and drinking water before eating also aids in organ function.
    Alkaline "environment" is BS. The body's ph is fairly consistent regardless of whatever acid/alkaline food/water is being ingested. Stop with the broscience.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

Thank you!

I sincerely doubt you were questioning the taste, but whatever, I can't prove that. So, to answer, I've drank water+cucumber slices and it tasted great. I also drank water+lemon slices and it was good. I also drank water+mint and it was just OK. I wouldn't mix them together, myself. And I drank them not for some magical detox effects, but for an alternative to plain water. Most of the time, I don't bother putting anything in my water.

But you know, some people prefer tastes of some things, and others prefer tastes of other things... How would I or anyone else here know if you are going to like the taste of something? You gave us literally no information about yourself. Do you like water? Yes? Do you like cucumber? Yes? Do you like lemon? Yes? Do you like mint? Yes? Then maybe you'll like water with cucumber and lemon and mint... But maybe not! How are we to know?
    It's not that difficult to make is it - why don't you try it and see how it tastes to you?
    Can you post a recipe, preferably with a video demonstrating how to prepare it? Please include your full tasting notes as well. It should be a big help.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do lemon water in the morning half an hour before eating. Helps to promote an alkaline environment, and drinking water before eating also aids in organ function.

Your body doesn't need outside help maintaining normal pH. If it did, you'd know it because you'd have some serious medical issues going on.

And how does drinking water magically make your organs work better?
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options

Personally, I think the mojitos are more likely to work (well alcohol certainly has a ...cleansing effect on me!)