Trouble Working Out in the Morning

Options
I'm trying to get my workout in during the morning before I go to work but I'm finding that I am not able to make it all the way through. Especially when I'm doing something that is a lot of up and down movement, burpees, squats, etc. I get light headed and dizzy and sick. If I wait until the evening or eat something before I work out, then my stomach cramps up.

Any advice?

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what your schedule is, but how about at night before dinner? I get home from work around 6pm, and I work out RIGHT when I get home (I am doing Insanity at the moment), and then cook/eat dinner after. I'm totally with you on the mornings. I have zero energy. I found that I have the most energy at night, so that's when I take advantage (but always before eating!)
  • AliB118
    AliB118 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Are you eating at least a little protein before your workout? Try a small meal and let it settle before working out. I hate working out in the morning, but I'm trying to switch to mornings only. I find too many excuses in the evening and when I work out in the evening I find it difficult to sleep.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Try eating something light, with protein? Perhaps like a greek yogurt or a protein shake.
  • wipeout65
    Options
    You should def eat something before you start exercising in the morning, which means waking up early enough to have breakfast about two hours before your workout... :(
    I workout at night... I work during the day, then classes at the university until 8:30pm, when I get home am spent, but I make that time for 20min step aerobics everynight.