TDEE

Hi,

Is anyone using TDEE to calculate their daily caloric intake? I am asking because I think MFP has calculated my caloric intake at too low of an amount.

Thanks!

Linda

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    I use the TDEE. Are you looking for an online calculator for the TDEE?
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Did you choose a 2 lb a week loss? Are you eating your exercise calories?
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,656 Member
    Finding out your TDEE is one thing, accepting that it changes day to day is another. People forget this as not everybody does the same thing day after day, week after week.
  • Quinn4A
    Quinn4A Posts: 25 Member
    Yes. I have found several but some times they are off from one another by 100 calories or so. Is TDEE working for you?
  • Quinn4A
    Quinn4A Posts: 25 Member
    No I chose a 1 pound per week weight loss and I have started eating back some of my exercise calories.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    No I chose a 1 pound per week weight loss and I have started eating back some of my exercise calories.

if you set MFP correctly then the figure when you add exercise cals should be the same as a TDEE calculation anyway...
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Is your ticker on your profile page correct? You only have 7 lbs to lose? You might consider trying for a half pound loss per week or your calorie deficit could be too large to stick with. Between that and eating all or most of your exercise calories you should have a pretty good amount to eat.