A lot to lose. Need support.

Options
Hello. This is my 3rd time here. I weigh 227lbs with a goal weight of 140lbs. Seems unacheivable and makes me so nervous. I don't want to set me up for failure but then again how would I know if I don't try? This will be tough for me though. I have hypothyroidism, taking medication for anxiety that caused a lot of this weight gain. Exercising is painful but at this point I don't care. I was diagnosed with cancer last year (in remission now) but the chemo and radiation took all my energy and my doc said it could be a long time to get it back. So I have to push myself.

I quit smoking 213 days, 13 hours, & 41 minutes ago (just over 6 months). I joined quitplan.com and am now convinced the support I receive there is why I have succeeded in something I never thought I could. I want to succeed with losing weight. A lot of weight. I need support. I can't do this alone and I don't want to. I also want to support anyone who wants it. I never stick with anything so I'm scared this won't last. I need to be held accountable. Over at my non-smoker group I can't imagine losing the friends I made over there. I look forward going everyday and posting I'm still smoke free and love when they post they are too.

Will you be my weight loss friend? I really do need you and I would love if you needed me too. Let's kick some major booty!

Replies

• whitmers22
    Options
    I would love to help motiavate you and support you through your weight loss journey. I myself have had problems losing weight and have given up so many times. I made my first goal of losing 50 lbs and that puts me to 170. I lost 10 before I started MFP and now have lost another 6lbs. I am down 16lbs so far. It is hard and requires a lot of dedication but you can do it! Tracking what you eat really helps you see how you need to fuel your body with the nutrients and food it needs instead of the junk you want. Please feel free to add me!!!! Good luck :)
  • HZentrich
    Options
    I would love to support you as well as have support. I weight 203 lbs and would like to be at 135 lbs. The same as you, I feel that this is a huge task but with the right support group we can achieve anything we set our minds to.
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would, like the others, love to help you reach your goal! I started at 203 lbs and I'm currently at 175 lbs. I too have health issues, and exercise was an issue for me, but ~ 75 days in and I'm well on my way!
  • Mopar88
    Mopar88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would be glad to help motivate you as long as you can do the same for me! My goals are very similar to yours and I understand the struggles that you are having-the same have plagued me. When I started MFP, I weighed 251 and have since lost 29 lbs. I am currently at 222 and ideally, I would like to be at least 145, if not under so I can be in my healthy weight range. Please feel free to add me. I log daily!
  • nikijh
    nikijh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey add me if you'd like. Im 24, 5"7 and started at 242lbs...aiming to loose around 70-75...I'm 18lbs and 3 weeks into it!
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    we are here for you. i am in the same boat except i weigh 288lbs wanting to be at 150lbs... request sent
  • ecottencat
    ecottencat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend. Could always use more support. I add everything I eat as well as try and encouage others. Request sent/. Also anybody else that is a motivator and need motivating feel free to add me.
  • DDHunnie
    DDHunnie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We definitely are here to support ya! I'll send you a request. And for me, it's easier if I set smaller goals while keeping in mind your ultimate goal!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    This is not unachievable!! NO! NO! NO! Don't make it about losing weight. That's a bonus. Make it about being healthy. You can do this, but remember that it is not going to happen overnight and there will be times that you slip up. You need to take it one day at a time and set small goals for yourself. Start with a little bit of exercise- preferably something that you like to do. When you are comfortable with that, do more. Eat less. Don't necessarily take things out of your diet- especially if there is something that you really enjoy- just eat less. Weigh and measure everything and record everything.

Add me if you want. I am on everyday!
  • SBrodnex
    SBrodnex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also have a lot to lose and am seeking all the support I can find. I am about 2 weeks into this journey. My trainer has made me promise not to weigh until week 6 and it's driving me crazy! So feel free to add me! While I don't know numbers yet, I do feel a total difference in my body and it feels great.
  • Kelkath72
    Kelkath72 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya! I need to lose over 100 pounds, have hypothyroidism, depression, etc. We took a lot of pics at Christmas and it was the first time I saw a full length pic of me in forever and, boy, was I shocked! I have decided I'm gonna do this for me and my vanity. I tried before to do it for health reasons (high cholesterol) but i gave up. Logging every food that goes into my mouth has really helped me realize how bad I was eating. I went back and added up a typical day and it was over 3300 calories! My knees hurt from arthritis, i get winded even walking a short distance, but I'm gonna do it this time! Feel free to add me and we'll kick butt together :)
  • queenb39
    queenb39 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am 235 and I will gladly support you. I need tll.he help as well. Lately it seems like I just can't get fu
  • amcozy
    amcozy Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you! I'll send over a request :) I'm back on MFP for a second time and I lost 70lbs the last time I was here - anxiety is a huge component of the my weight gain (I've gained 20 of the 70 back) and this site is filled with people that will understand what you're going thru and help you along the way!
  • thewong92
    thewong92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, it looks like our goal weights are the same :) I'm currently 223, so about 83 lbs more to go. Let's do this thing!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. My numbers are fairly similar to yours:

SW (starting weight in Oct. '13): 264
    CW (current weight): 243
    GW (goal weight): 150 (*or* 160-170 if it's muscular/toned...I'll revisit this when I get a lot closer to goal...)

I pretty much log everyday and have been losing a fairly steady 1-2 lbs. a week since beginning the process.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    This is not unachievable!! NO! NO! NO! Don't make it about losing weight. That's a bonus. Make it about being healthy. You can do this, but remember that it is not going to happen overnight and there will be times that you slip up. You need to take it one day at a time and set small goals for yourself. Start with a little bit of exercise- preferably something that you like to do. When you are comfortable with that, do more. Eat less. Don't necessarily take things out of your diet- especially if there is something that you really enjoy- just eat less. Weigh and measure everything and record everything.

Add me if you want. I am on everyday!
    QFT
  • Binnee95
    Binnee95 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Have a similar goal to you and would love if you add me as a friend! I am currently 242 lbs.
    My first goal is to get under 200 lbs. After that I would love to get to 175.
    I log in several times a day.
    We can do this!
  • jcorgphoto
    Options
    I know how you feel. Just started my life change. Starting at 350lbs goal is 200-215. It is tough. Keep going.
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best. I know how hard it is to lose weight.
  • Travko
    Travko Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like (same goes for anyone else). Sounds like you have been and are still going through a lot, and I'd be glad to lend some support.