Proactiv

Options
misspenny762
misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
I know a couple of people had asked me to check back in with them and tell them if Proactiv worked for me.

I've had bad acne for a couple of years now, and I've tried everything. Creams, pads, scrubs, sleeping with a towel over my pillow, you name it. NOTHING has been working. I've even got a couple of prescriptions, but my acne has remained. Proactiv came in the mail just a couple of days ago and since I started using it, my skin has actually cleared up quite a bit! I can't believe it. So I just wanted to let you all know that it seems to be working for me. :]

Replies

• AlyssaC2010
    Options
    It used to work for me too...but I had a sinus infection in January/February so the antibiotics I was on gave me some sort of reaction since I was using Proactiv at the time...now I have a weird reaction to it. But i just wanted to tell you that I found something that works JUST as well as it...it's at walmart & called "AcneFree"...it's in a 3 pack & the same as Proactiv and I kind of think it works a little better. Anyways, I was just putting it out there because it's only like $18 & Proactive is $40 so I didn't know if you wanted to save any money :)
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip but since I've tried so many things I'd prefer to stick with what I know is working for me, you know. Plus it's a gift from my mom so I don't have to worry about the cost anyways... But I appreciate it and I'll keep it in mind if Proactiv stops working!
  • emmavisman
    emmavisman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My bf used to have quite a bit of acne around his cheeks, he tried prescriptions and everything! then last year he got proactiv, and now he has NONE at all! its all gone! you've made a good choice :)
  • AlyssaC2010
    Options
    No problem...just putting it out there! :) I don't blame you for sticking with what's working though. It worked for me for a looooong time. I hate that my prescription messed it up. Although I got this & it's working so I'm sticking with it. I'm glad you found something that works though, it's very frustrating having acne you can't get rid of!
  • starstealing
    Options
    proactiv worked for me for a year or two... then it started making my skin very red, dry, and itchy. i attribute it to changing hormones...