I've run out of calories and I haven't even had dinner?

Options
I ate a few too many brownies and now I'm in the negatives. It's only 3 pm. Should I skip dinner/not eat for the rest of the day? Also, I went for a run early in the morning so that was including exercise calories.

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,796 Member
    Options
    then work out again
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Eat dinner, realize you set yourself back a day in meeting your goal weight, and learn next time to have a half a brownie (or whatever leaves you with dinner calories) and move on.
  • geech1977
    Options
    don't skip dinner. you'll be way hungry and angry in the middle of the night. give yourself some grace. have a light supper, heavy on the veggies and lots of water ot fill you up, but DO EAT
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    uh oh
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Eat dinner today, and don't eat brownies tomorrow or plan accordingly if you do.

And by dinner, it shouldn't be McDonalds or fast food/take out.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ohhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

put down the brownies and skip dinner...
  • chrs86
    chrs86 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Go run again and eat a small low fat or fat free snack. If you still feel hungry after the snack take a sleeping pill so you won't eat again til morning. P.S. Throw away the brownies.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Eat dinner, realize you set yourself back a day in meeting your goal weight, and learn next time to have a half a brownie (or whatever leaves you with dinner calories) and move on.

^This would be exactly my advice. One day of bad eating won't set you back very much if at all and I try to avoid punishing myself for food. Enjoy the brownies today and next time try to enjoy fewer brownies. It will all work out in the end.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    +1
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Small healthy dinner. If you skip it you'll be starving hungry tomorrow and bound to reach for something naughty again.
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Do an hour workout and you'll have your dinner calories :)! Mmmm brownies....!
  • delaney056
    Options
    Go run again and eat a small low fat or fat free snack. If you still feel hungry after the snack take a sleeping pill so you won't eat again til morning. P.S. Throw away the brownies.

This is absolutely terrible advice. Eat if you're hungry, OP, but don't turn to sleeping aids to keep yourself from eating. That's not a cycle you want to get into.
    Eat dinner, work out again if you want to, and wipe the slate clean. Don't beat yourself up over it, tomorrow is a new day.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

^^ Yup this!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    +1

+2

We've all been there. Eat a reasonable dinner or you will be ravenous tomorrow morning. Don't beat yourself up too much. Stuff happens.
  • SugarLou57
    SugarLou57 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Salad - as much green dark leafiness as you can eat; add some mushrooms and onions, and dress it with just lemon juice or vinegar (no fat). Not only will you feel better but it'll push those brownies out faster. If you are still hungry after your giant salad - steam some broccoli and put a little (LITTLE is the key word) butter on it.

Good luck.
  • bedwellchris
    bedwellchris Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water throughout the afternoon and then make yourself a huge salad without dressing or cheese. That ought to fill you up until morning. Possibly even eat a piece of fruit.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Probably the worst advice I have seen on MFP for a while....
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

2411hsn.jpg

No.
  • jorralee
    jorralee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you have calories left tomorrow you can eat dinner and compensate it tomorrow and the day after tomorrow by eating less calories on the following days than planned.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    ^this. One day is not going to ruin your progress/stop you from reaching your goals. Far better to treat it as a learning experience (ie plan better next time, and practice moderation) than to develop a worse relationship with food by skipping dinner or over-compensating with unplanned workouts.