Frustrated

biggphatdaddy
biggphatdaddy Posts: 50
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
OK. I started out in size 42 jeans that I have worn for about 7 years. I have to date lost 51 lbs. (Yay me!!) My waist has shrunk considerably, I measure above and below the belly button (because i have read conflicting reports), yet I am still only down to a 40. I have tried on 38s with no luck. I believe it is my hips. Which I have always been told are wide (even when I weighed a hundred and nothing at 15 years old). But I want to get down to those "Normal" sizes. Most of the big stores dont carry 40 or above, or if they do, it is in the XL size rack and they charge extra. I know I am a big guy and I only have myself to blame, but what do I do? What can I do?
I have recently added a lot more leg work outs to my routine, so maybe that will help, I dont know.

Replies

• ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    I think the body is strange about where it loses fat from. I started out in a size 40 jeans...I have lost 23 pounds (I started before I put my mfp profile up also) but I have not gone down a size in pants yet. Almost...but not quite. I guess what I'm saying is...don't worry about it. You've lost a lot of weight and should be proud of what you've accomplished. I be your pants size will go down as you continue your fitness journey. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can encourage each other!!!!
  • How tall are you? You may not store weight where the average guy does, so only dropping 2 inches from the waist may not be an accurate representation of your overall weightloss. As a general rule, the first place fat is stored is the last place it leaves. You'll lose the weight from your face, neck, chest, arms, etc before you see a real difference in your waist. Keep working hard and it'll pay off.
This discussion has been closed.