Am I gonna be all saggy....?

2»

Replies

• twinmuma
    twinmuma Posts: 30 Member
    I did take a hot yoga class and loved it. Unfortunately I don't have the time nor money to keep up with it. That being said...I love stretching.

No protein? I love protein....
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Search the forums for previous posts (with pics) from women who lift weights. I'm sure you'll see there's nothing to fear.

Cardio is good for you, too. I wouldn't give it up. But if you have to choose between the two, lift.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    I did take a hot yoga class and loved it. Unfortunately I don't have the time nor money to keep up with it. That being said...I love stretching.

No protein? I love protein....

Not no protein, you need it. Just don't eat four times as much as you need XD

Lifting won't make you bulky, unless you work out like a body builder. No matter how much protein you eat
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Look for gentle yoga free on youtube and work you way up from there
    Lousy, stupid advice.

Yoga is wonderful, but especially if you're new to it DO NOT TRY TO LEARN FROM YOUTUBE OR VIDEOS. It looks way easier than it is and you can seriously harm yourself without proper guidance.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    what is lift heavy? Am starting to do 3-4 sets of 13-15 reps at a weight that is like 33 lbs. And that's tough for me...

Lifting heavy means lifting weights that are heavy for you which sounds like what you're doing.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Oh and, to add more to the lifting weights.
    The last two repetitions should be a bit hard. I think that's pretty much standard for weight lifting
    Lifting heavy or light doesn't matter, but lifting heavier is a real time saver. I'd rather do 8 reps of something heavy-ish than 30 of something light.
    Going too light and not enough reps isn't going to do you any good. If there's no microtearing, then you're wasting your time. Microtears are tears in your muscle fibers, that come from lifting. That's the point. Then the rest between lift days is when your body repairs them, and you get tiny bits more of muscle. And that's the entire point of weight lifting

Bottom line, lift until you feel almost too tired to do two more reps. Take a short break and repeat to or three times. Then rest for a day or two, then do it again. :)