Looking for motivation and support!

Options
I don't really have anyone in my life with similar challenges or goals. My friends either don't have weight/fitness issues, or those that do, (not intentionally) tend to steer me off track, instead of offering support. I hit my all time high this past Christmas, and am determined to get this weight off not only for appearance, and health reasons, but to have a better life all around. I find that I don't want to do a lot of things because I'm uncomfortable in the seats at concerts, on airplanes, I was embarrassed when seated at a booth in a restaurant to find that I could barely slide in, and was so uncomfortable I had to switch to a table! I was on my way down, and then this past year hit a few bumps in the road, and before I knew it, I had gained back 60 pounds! I clearly need some help and motivation from others with similar goals, and want others to be able to count on me to help and support them as well. When life throws me a curve ball, I need someone to send me to the gym, not take me out for ice cream LOL! I have lost 9 pounds, and have 142 to go. Anyone else wanting some support and motivation, please add me as a friend. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• DawnMarie1970
    DawnMarie1970 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have sent you a request...we can do this together!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!

One day at a time.
    You may slip at times, but reach out, we are here to lift you up!!!!
  • tdh115
    tdh115 Posts: 52
    Options
    On day at a time and taking baby steps. If you make to many drastic changes you will give up. We are all here for the same reason and we understand.

Take a look at my profile and if you think we may be a good fit, send me a friend request.

I do things slow, I am still not working out at a gym, I am however moving a lot more than I was and taking small steps to build up my endurance.

I take the stairs a couple times a day at work and I do things like parking further away. I can tell my endurance is building and I am trying to do my home Elliptical (although I can only make it 2 minutes).

Reports show that 3 10 minute exercise sessions a day is just as effective as one 30 minutes session. So that is what I do. Eventually I will be able to do 30 minutes at once but I am not there yet.

Also, I have not forbidden any foods and I am not eating "diet" foods. I eat what I want I just plan my calories accordingly.

These small steps have helped me lose 20 lbs since November. I still have about 80 lbs to go.

I am here everyday, however, I do reply faster if you send a message. Some times it takes me a while to get through the news feed.

Good Luck on this journey, we are all here with you.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is one of the best support systems you will find!!
    You will love the people here!!
  • lyte1999
    lyte1999 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WHAT DID YOU DO TO LOSE 33 POUNDS?
  • SeauxFiesty
    SeauxFiesty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request. I made this account months ago and I didn't use it because I have no friends here! I'm back and looking to be someone's support and hopefully get some support of my own!