Losing motivation

mjolly3
mjolly3 Posts: 5
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I am thinking about giving this up. Sounds strange since i am so close to my goal but its true. How do i keep motivated??

Replies

• BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    post your Before and after pics on here! The comments you get should help keep you going. Don't give up - especially not if it's so near you can smell it!
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Give yourself a weekly reward... like a movie every Friday night.....Since popcorn is a decent snack it would go hand in hand. You've come this far dont give up on yourself.
  • mcoombe
    mcoombe Posts: 7 Member
    When I taught Weight Watchers classes, I warned my folks who were close to goal that they needed to find NEW types of goals to stay on track. I would focus on fitness goals now. Maybe add something, change something or extend something? Maybe make a goal to run a 5k or walk a 10k. Something else to shoot for when weight LOSS in no longer a factor and weight loss MAINTENANCE is the focus. GOOD LUCK! You can do it!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    We all have our moments! Just think about what you have done so far and how you feel so much better about yourself and your health! Think about how many more years you are adding to your life! Stay positive and embrace the things you have accomplished!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    it happens as you approach your personal finish line sometimes. You have to dig deep and have that intensely personal conversation with yourself. why did you do this in the first place? do you have a journal you can read over your entries to remember more positive feelings or give yourself an attaboy about how you overcame problems and setbacks along the way?
    there can also be a fear of maintenance. omg--i DID it....ummm now what type thing.

it's just like the little voice urging you to cheat "just this once" or cut your exercise routine short "just for today"

do you have any workout buddies or family support? or maybe try changing up your workout routine, switch to something else.

it can be really hard when you're the only one there to kick yourself in the butt and keep going. But realize YOU ARE WORTH IT!

good luck!
This discussion has been closed.