C'mon, join in and dance it off!

Options
Okay, i'm a nut :bigsmile: ....but i think one of the best and most fun ways to burn off the extra pounds is to dance!!
I love to put on music that makes you want to shake your butt and shake I it baby!!!
So, the first few times you might feel a bit silly jumping around the bedroom/ living room/ office like a maniac...but it will make you feel great and burn lots of calories.....well at least some depending on how mad a dancer you are:laugh:

From today onwards I'm gonna rock out for at least a few songs a day!

who's gonna join me?:wink:

Replies

• rachelcordova
    Options
    Yes! I just started doing this a few days ago... so much fun! I do feel a little ridiculous, but it definitely gets my heart rate up and puts me in a good mood. Just need some songs with a catchy beat and a little bit of open space... totally recommend it! :)
  • Squash97
    Options
    Ha HA! I LOVE IT!!! I'll put on music while I clean house and shake it. Or while I cook... Chop the veggies - shake it to the steamer. Get milk out of the fridge, sashay over to the counter... I'm such a dork, but it keeps me moving, and I usually have two little people shaking it with me (they are 5 and 2, so they don't judge me...) :wink:
  • BellaCoconut
    Options
    Good to know i'm not the only one madly dancing about the place! :happy: But seriously, all movement counts as exercise, and moves us in the right direction...towards fitness and good health!

Oh, and it does make cleaning so much more fun!!

*mop, mop...cha-cha-cha.....dust, vacuum....cha-cha-cha*
  • rachelcordova
    Options
    It really is no different than taking some sort of cardio dance class. That was something I wanted to look into, but really just can't afford classes or any memberships right now. So I figure if I just dance around the house, it's the same thing, just without the choreography, right? RIGHT! It's my new favorite. I have no moves or rhythm, but it's not like it matters :)
  • nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree it's lots of fun!!! I usually do the Wii - Just Dance with my kids...I love it!! I'm getting a workout and spending time with my children at the same time :)
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    *dances*
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Okay, i'm a nut :bigsmile: ....but i think one of the best and most fun ways to burn off the extra pounds is to dance!!
    I love to put on music that makes you want to shake your butt and shake I it baby!!!
    So, the first few times you might feel a bit silly jumping around the bedroom/ living room/ office like a maniac...but it will make you feel great and burn lots of calories.....well at least some depending on how mad a dancer you are:laugh:

From today onwards I'm gonna rock out for at least a few songs a day!

who's gonna join me?:wink:

I love doing this, it's a great way to add on a half hour or so of cardio at the end of the day when it's too dark to go outside... and it's so much FUN!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yay i'm so glad there are other people just dancing around the house like i have been!

I reccommend that you make sure noone else is home though haha my mums boyfriend came home and i was in the middle of my shimmy very embaressing hahaha.

Keep on dancing !!!!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    keep dancing!! so much fun!!!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I do this ALL THE TIME lol Especially at work. I'm on the night shift and I work alone.. so for like 8-10 hours I'm bouncing around the kitchen like a lunatic. hehe Seriously, if anyone seen me shaking and singing in my apron and oven mitts they'd send me to the loony bin :laugh:
  • BellaCoconut
    Options
    We're quite a few mad dancers out there after all :)

I'm setting a bit of a dance *challenge*, see if I can all fit in a minimum of 15-20 mins of shakin in each day (in addition to other excercise)

My fave song to get on down to..."supestition" by Stevie Wonder! :happy: